Position at GroupM North America
The whole point of our internship isn’t simply to get jobs we need doing, done. It’s to find and groom our future talent.
GroupM media teams collaborate together to budget, plan, optimize and execute multi-million dollar online campaigns. It’s here, as our intern, you’ll pick up skills in one of our key disciplines: Media Planning, Media Buying/Digital Investment, Programmatic, Data Science, Paid Search (SEM), Paid Social, etc. This is the side of advertising which is serious business.
Are you ready to make your mark as the next group of innovative media professionals in the world’s leading media network? Take part in the 2021 summer internship program!
Overview of the 2021 Internship Program:
- A 9 week, full time, paid remote/virtual internship working alongside other advertising enthusiasts to discover what media has to offer within one of our operating agencies (GroupM, Mindshare, Mediacom, Openmind, NEO, etc.).
- Your internship will be focused on one of the following areas: Media Planning, Media Buying/Digital Investment, Programmatic, Data Science, Paid Search, Paid Social, etc. depending on business needs.
- A first-hand perspective of day-to-day life at a media agency and resources to learn the programs/tools and processes used in the industry.
- Preparation for a full-time job and a toolkit of knowledge about planning and buying off-line and digital media, consumer insights, analytics, and more.
- You will be treated as a true member of your team and will work alongside them on actual projects for clients.
- Great networking opportunities with industry professionals at all levels.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working with us you’ll attend virtual information seminars to develop knowledge of different expertise ranging from media planning to media buying, to data science, to programmatic, to SEM, SEO, Paid Social practice areas, etc.
- GroupM teams include some of the top talent in this industry. We have friendly, inclusive teams where you’ll learn how agencies operate and how different functions collaborate.
- In addition, you’ll gain exposure to useful analytical and media tools such as Google AdWords, Google Analytics, Nielsen, ComScore and a range of other tech.
Want to get practical, hands-on experience? You will also be doing real work on media strategy and execution. Things like:
- Living in Excel. We use Excel all the time, so maintaining these complex spreadsheets is key. You better know all the keyboard shortcuts.
- Constructing competitive analyses.
- Resolving billing discrepancies.
- Learning to write points of view (POVs).
- Attend status meetings and meet with sales representatives from media vendors.
What you have already accomplished:
- You are a Junior or Senior in college, preferably with a concentration in advertising, marketing, statistics, economics, applied math or communications. We also encourage students majoring in Sociology, Anthropology, Psychology, or any area of study involving understanding human behavior to apply!
- You’re highly curious with a growth mindset. You have already sought opportunities to educate yourself about digital marketing and advertising.
- Computer-literate, especially in wrangling numbers and making presentations/decks.
- Exceptional organizational skills, multi-tasking capabilities.
- We know you’re meticulous. You’re all about the details and you have excellent analytical skills.
- You can get a point across, you can win a debate. You have strong presentation, communication and social skills.
- Last but not least, you’re helpful, tenacious, and look for ways you can contribute without needing supervision.
GroupM is the world’s leading media investment company responsible for more than $63B in annual media investment through agencies Mindshare, MediaCom, Wavemaker, Essence and m/SIX, as well as the outcomes-driven programmatic audience company, Xaxis. GroupM’s portfolio includes Data & Technology, Investment, and Services, all united in vision to shape the next era of media where advertising works better for people. By leveraging all the benefits of scale, the company innovates, differentiates and generates sustained value for our clients wherever they do business.
Click here to apply.
GroupM and all its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the more great work we can create together.