Commercial Analytics & Business Performance Summer 2021 Internship
Florida Blue employees are motivated by our mission of building healthy communities through forward-thinking health solutions. Join a dynamic Analytics team dedicated to developing top talent that is in high demand across our enterprise. We are driven to continue advancing our analytical capabilities and decision support, as we work with colleagues across multiple departments. Our interns will collaborate with other team members and end users to conduct research, extract data, create models, build visualizations, interpret results, and present impactful insights.
Interns enjoy campus perks like our athletic fields, fitness center, and employee activities, within a culture that embraces flexibility, innovation, and diversity. Bring your unique talents and help us make a difference!
What We Offer:
- Compensation while gaining industry experience
- Twelve-week investment in your learning and professional development
- Paid housing for individuals without a local residence
Previous Interns Have Worked On:
- Developing a self-service visualization tool to compare our position against competitors and key metrics against the Consumer Price Index
- Discovering connections between various forms of medical data to create informative insights and conclusions on healthcare trends and relationships
- Creating an impact score to assess how individual variables impact overall performance outcomes
- Analyzing data using multiple coding languages to create visualizations and interactive tools to interpret trends and important factors impacting healthcare outcomes
- Building a dashboard focused on the member care process to improve health outcomes and provide insights to our clinical business partners
You Might be a Good Fit if You’re:
- Expand knowledge and value opportunities for learning.
- Support the attainment of organizational and departmental business goals by applying analytical tools and techniques to analyze data
- Provide research, development, and analytical support to meet various Florida Blue departments’ business needs, products, and processes
- Modify and create models and/or visualizations that are used for evaluation and forecasting
- Perform accurate and timely research, data modeling using SQL, SAS and/or R, and in-depth analysis to develop recommendations for decision makers across the company
- Deliver professional presentations
- Work under minimal supervision and adapt to a dynamic, challenging environment
- Currently enrolled as an active student and not graduating prior to August 2021
- Coursework that demonstrates analytical abilities and interest, as well as critical thinking
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
Follow us on Twitter @FLBlue and #WorkWellHere!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled.