At Camp Echo Lake we are currently looking for Swim Instructors and Lifeguards to join our 2021 summer waterfront team. If you are passionate about swimming/water safety and looking for an opportunity to build experience in teaching, programming, lesson planning, and, of course, child development, then do not hesitate to reach out about this opportunity. The position starts June 10th and ends on August 16th, travel will be partially covered as part of compensation, and room, board, and recreational activities will be provided for the summer. If you have experience working with children, love the outdoors, and are looking for a fun, energizing job this summer, then you should consider applying.
As an Ideal Candidate, you possess the following skills and competencies:
- Experience working with children between the ages 7-16;
- Experience working and collaborating with your peers;
- Familiarity and experience leading fun, interesting swim lessons for children of varying levels and ages;
- A genuine interest in working with children;
- A positive and resilient attitude;
- The ability to receive and deliver constructive feedback; and
- The desire and capacity to have a fun, active summer in the Adirondack region of Upstate New York.
- Lifeguard: 1 year (Preferred)
- Swim Instruction: 1 year (Preferred not required)