Tax interns and 1st year tax team members will assist with all aspects of tax preparation engagements. They will work directly with senior associates as part of a team to complete assigned tax projects. Internship start and end dates typically begin in early January and end in middle of April. Full time position start dates TBD. Interviews to be held in early 2021.
TAX Internships at Howard, LLP
Howard has immediate openings for individuals wishing to pursue a challenging and rewarding tax internship in public accounting. We offer a generous benefits package, a rewarding firm culture and unmatched mentorship. This is an opportunity to gain invaluable skills and knowledge to grow as a tax professional.
- Our interns will gain significant experience that will propel their remaining academic career upon graduation.
- We offer experienced mentors assisting with their professional growth during their internship.
- We provide interns with real work assignments; the knowledge gained will supplement their academics while broadening their experience.
We structure our internship program for maximum experience. We provide interns with substantially identical job responsibilities as a first-year tax staff. Interns will:
- Participate and assist with all aspects of tax preparation engagements.
- Work closely with senior accountants and managers to ensure understanding of complex transactions and completion of procedures.
- Learn to effectively communicate on tax engagements with client surrounding items needed for engagement completion and areas that require further financial consideration.
- During the intern’s first week of employment, they are given an orientation on the firm’s policies and procedures, including hands-on training of our numerous technology programs.
- Throughout the internship, interns will attend and participate in additional specific technical trainings sessions taught by senior firm leaders.
- We offer internships tailored for each intern based upon their availability and the flexibility to work a minimum of 20/hrs. a week up to 40/hrs. a week.
- Internships are conducted at our main office located at 7557 Rambler Road, Suite 600, Dallas, TX 75231.