Animator, Benefits Access SNAP Training Video
About the Benefits Access Team
The Benefits Access (BA) Team at Hunger Free America works to help individuals and families determine their eligibility and apply for federal food assistance programs, such as SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) and WIC (Women, Infants, and Children). The BA Team runs staff training sessions several times a year to communicate complex, updated information about accessing SNAP benefits, so that HFA staff are able to assist individuals and families over the phone and at our Bronx office.
About the Project
The goal of this project is to create accompanying animations for SNAP training sessions to make it more engaging, digestible, and accessible, especially for visual learners and newcomers to this information. While the volunteer will have creative liberty, the Benefits Access team will provide comments and some requirements for the content.
The completed project will likely include a few minutes of active animation, and will illustrate several different stories of clients who have worked with the BA team to access their benefits. The video will be an educational tool, and will feature “myth-busters” about SNAP.
It is understood that animation is a time-consuming process, so the volunteer will use their expertise and experience to inform the Benefits Access Team on the scale of this kind of project, and determine expectations for its length, complexity, etc. It is anticipated that the video will take a few months to complete. The volunteer and the BA team will determine the expected time commitment of the volunteer together, based on the volunteer’s assessment of how many hours of work this project would require.
Both experienced and early-career animators are welcome to apply!
The volunteer will design and create engaging animations to accompany the SNAP Training presentation, with guidance from the Benefits Access Team.
- Preferably 2 years of experience using animation software (Adobe After Effects, Adobe InDesign, etc.).
- A portfolio of relevant work to demonstrate ability.
- A passion for HFA’s mission of ending domestic hunger.
- A commitment to completing this project alongside the Benefits Access Team.
- The ability to work closely with the Benefits Access team and incorporate feedback.
- Knowledge of hunger and federal food assistance programs a plus.
- Time commitment: to be determined in conjunction with the Benefits Access team, based on the volunteer’s assessment of how many hours of work this project will require.
- The volunteer will attend occasional meetings with the Benefits Access team to give progress updates and hear feedback.
*please note that this is a remote, temporary position, and the dates listed on this posting are only a rough estimate of the time it will take to complete this project.
Interested applicants should send a resume detailing relevant experience and interest, as well as a portfolio of at least two relevant work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.