Application and IT Automation Developer Co-op: 2021 (WWS)
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Start Date FOR THIS POSITION IS JANUARY 2021 (12 MONTHS)
LOCATION: Office Based or Remote options available
As an Application and IT Automation Developer Co-op you will:
• Work in an Agile, collaborative environment to understand requirements, design, code and test innovative applications, and support those applications for our highly valued customers.
• You’ll employ IBM’s Design Thinking to create products that provide a great user experience along with high performance, security, quality, and stability.
• Enable continuous deployment and availability by designing, developing and creating automated frameworks, processes and test cases based on customer requirements.
• Build and manage testing environments, assisting in debugging application issues.
• Implement software that tests and stresses on-premises products and/or cloud services for end users.
Who You Are:
• You are highly motivated and have a passion for creating and supporting great products.
• You thrive on collaboration, working side by side with people of all backgrounds and disciplines, and you have very strong verbal and written communication skills.
• You are great at solving problems, debugging, troubleshooting, designing and implementing solutions to complex technical issues.
• You have a basic understanding of software development and programming languages.
• You have the ability to learn new skills quickly and use the skills efficiently.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Basic knowledge in one or more of the following technology areas: Java, C#, Python
• Basic knowledge of Configuration Management tools.
• Basic knowledge of automation tools and testing frameworks.
• Have an interest in, understanding of, or experience with Agile development methodology
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• Familiarity with ITIL and DevOps philosophy
• One or more internship or co-op experiences
• Cloud Native skills or experiences
About Business Unit
IBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.