- Working as part of a single or range of teams which could include prototyping and building mental health products, programs, organizations, internal operations or infrastructure which will have a huge impact on mental health!
- Actively learning on the job and diving into new areas where you may have little expertise in
- Learning from mistakes and failed projects (you’ll be wearing a lot of hats)
- Amplify the efforts of our executive team (CEO, COO, VPs) and help implement our vision
- Own the mission of our organization and wear whatever “hat” is necessary to achieve OKR’s!
- Role specific responsibilities are dependent on the team you are matched with and can be discussed further during in-person interviews. Ignite is a fast growing startup and our internships are most definitely not like traditional (big company) internships, so be warned that position titles don’t equate to traditional job responsibilities – things change quickly here, as to could your role!
- Deeply passionate about helping transform mental health
- Growth mindset, hungry to learn and develop a sense of ‘extreme ownership’, not afraid of taking risks or failure
- Comfortable being pushed outside of your comfort zone in a true startup (sometimes chaotic) environment; wearing any hat needed (aka pivoting to new outcomes and roles and responsibilities in different functional areas outside of your initial functional areas based on changes in the startup’s priorities – it’s a rollercoaster of a journey!)
- Great navigator or open to learning FAST: constantly testing hypothesis, iterating and developing approaches to achieve outcomes
- Personable: highly empathetic, comfortable interfacing with people on sensitive topics
- Relentless learner: you want to maximize your experience with us and learn as much as you can
- Leadership experience
- Appreciation of puns 🙂
Temporary / Seasonal
IGNITE MENTAL HEALTH (HARVARD INNOVATION LABS VIP 19′)
At Ignite, we’re driven to come to work everyday because we want to solve some of the most pressing problems in mental health. We have experienced the pain caused by how ineffective our current approaches are so we’re not relying on others to create the ‘next big thing’, we’re out there building it, growing it and improving it! At Ignite Mental Health we’re mobilizing, supporting and uniting world-class mental health entrepreneurs/organizations while concurrently mobilizing students at scale to achieve Three Utopian Mental Health Goals focused on college and high school campuses. Using this novel approach we’re working to make the impossible inevitable; helping build and scale breakthrough organizations and movements to be as impactful as Facebook and Google but which address the root causes of some of the biggest problems affecting mental health!