We are looking for Part-Time Graduate Coaches who will primarily service students applying to graduate East Asian Studies programs. Our Graduate Coaches work directly with students through a holistic, collaborative process on building their applications for colleges as well as exemplifying their extracurricular strengths and interests in a diversity of fields and majors and applying them to unique and practical experiences.
This is a remote position, perfect for someone who is looking to take their experience of applying to graduate school for the first time and giving back to a diverse population of talented students from around the world.
- Masters or PhD from an East Asian Studies program
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Tutoring, teaching, counseling, or writing instruction in area of study is a plus, but not required
- Must feel comfortable with working remotely and using a variety of telecommunication resources
- Experience working with students from diverse populations
- Native-like fluency in Mandarin
- 1-on-1 counseling with graduate school applicants to build their extra-curricular profiles and applications
- Meet remotely with students
- Edit essays and provide feedback to foster students’ independent writing skills
- Provide comprehensive support to students as they prepare their applications
- Generate creative and practical professional experience and projects for students’ extracurricular activities
- Collaborate with a team of up to three counselors and a Senior Counselor Mentor to support each student’s progress