It’s Time Texas is a growing nonprofit, and we need passionate and purpose-driven people to join our team. Here’s our truth: we’re ambitious, we’re different, we’re going all-in on building a culture of health in Texas. By working with partners and supporters throughout the state, we are changing behaviors, practices, and policies to make healthy living central to what it means to be a Texan.
Our work is critically important, but it’s not easy. We work hard and we help each other. We offer a stimulating work environment where people who are committed to transforming health in Texas thrive. As part of our team, you will have many opportunities to learn and grow your skillset, while making a real contribution to a rapidly growing organization and awesome team.
Who you are:
- Mission focused and results-driven. You’re committed to supporting the mission of It’s Time Texas and don’t shy away from challenges as you work toward positive results.
- A team-player. You have experience utilizing a team-based approach to carry out projects.
- Detail-oriented and organized. You’re committed to ensuring organization and consistency in all activities. You coordinate and execute all tasks with accuracy and attention to detail.
- An excellent communicator. You have the ability to listen actively and effectively communicate information to a wide variety of audiences.
- A self-starter. You set yourself apart from peers by spearheading new ideas and demonstrating you do not need to be micromanaged to get things done. You have a clear understanding that you get out what you put into projects.
Our Internship Opportunities: click on program to read full description
Build Healthier – The Build Healthier Program seeks a practicum student interested in coalition building, social determinants of health, and health equity. This student will be excited to assist in cultivating the Community Lab program, a monthly interactive peer learning experience, to support Community Health Collaboratives (CHCs) across the state. They are comfortable with technology and troubleshooting issues as they arise, as well as a skilled communicator, confident in making cold calls and reaching out to potential partners in a warm and professional manner. This student must be comfortable performing research on a variety of topics and is detailed oriented. One position is available with the Build Healthier program as a graduate level practicum.
Community Programs – The Community Programs team is looking for an intern with strong written and in-person communication skills who can think strategically and harness their specific skills to deepen engagement with current It’s Time Texas supporters and raise awareness of the cause. Interns will have the opportunity to assist in the development and promotion of the Choose Healthier Program and the Community Challenge. The Community Programs Intern will be responsible for a number of projects that vary in time frame, scale, and orientation. The purpose of these projects is not only to help improve It’s Time Texas business initiatives, but also to provide valuable knowledge and experience to the intern’s education and career aspirations.
Events – The Marketing and Events department seeks interns with strong written and in-person communication skills who can think strategically and harness their specific skills to deepen engagement with current It’s Time Texas supporters and raise awareness of the cause. The Events Interns will work directly with and provide support to the Events Director and the Event Coordinator and will have the opportunity to assist in the development and promotion of the Healthier Texas Regional Workshops and Healthier Texas Summit. The purpose of these events is not only to help improve It’s Time Texas’’ impact on the community but also to provide valuable knowledge and experience to the intern’s education and career aspirations. The ideal candidate is a Sophomore, Junior, or Senior working toward a Bachelor’s’ degree in public relations, health promotion, marketing, business administration, communication studies, or related field with a professional demeanor and outstanding phone etiquette. This position requires the availability of some weekend and weeknight hours.
Stronger Austin – The Stronger Austin Program seeks an intern who is an aspiring leader eager to make an impact in the community. Our intern will work closely with the Stronger Austin team to research, develop, implement, and promote this initiative and are responsible for assisting with projects that vary in time frame, scale, and orientation. We are seeking an intern who is excited to work and eager to learn, contribute, shape, and mold the work we do. The ideal candidate is: a student working toward a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in public health, marketing, communications or a related field; has knowledge of Social media platforms including but not limited to: LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Youtube; has basic photo and video editing experience; is familiar with Canva and Adobe Create Suite (Photoshop and Premiere Pro, a plus, but now required). Strong verbal and written communication skills in Spanish & English is strongly preferred.
What you will bring:
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and leverage resources accordingly
- Ability and willingness to work independently and follow instructions with minimal supervision
- Ability to stick to strict deadlines, often with tight turnarounds
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suites
- Attendance at mandatory New Intern Orientation
- Comfort with distance learning technology, and the ability to learn new technology, including Zoom
Compensation: Non-paid; College Credit Offered
At It’s Time Texas, our internship is Non-Paid; however, we do offer college credit for our interns who require an internship for their degree.
This is a Remote (work from home) position.
Notice: The internship description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the intern occupying this position. Management has the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time. It’s Time Texas is an at-will employer.