Jack Henry & Associates is seeking to hire a motivated and talented Credit Risk Analyst, Intern to join the Enterprise Payment Solutions (EPS) Risk Management team for Summer 2021. Under close supervision, the Credit Risk Analyst, Intern will learn credit risk underwriting and analysis of merchants who use our system and software to process electronic payments (mainly ACH and Check21 transactions) and provide written recommendations to management. The Credit Risk Analyst, Intern will also be exposed to underwriting for our licensed money transmitter line of business and learn how to interact with complex merchant clients, independent sales organization (ISOs), value-added resellers (VARs) and financial institutions.
Throughout the 10-week program, the chosen candidate will underwrite new merchant applications by applying learned credit analysis techniques and fraud detection skills, while adhering to regulatory and compliance requirements to protect our company and partners from financial loss and repetitional damage.
Risk management plays a critical role in the financial industry and the payments processing network. It’s our job to keep bad actors and fraudsters from gaining access. It is our mission to protect our partners (customers) and Jack Henry by mitigating risk, upholding standards, and scrutinizing who we allow to have access to our payments platform. An intern will help to directly support this mission by joining a team of underwriters who do just this.
The intern will be joining a smaller team of credit risk analysts who mainly work out of the Allen, TX office. This position will be hired for Allen, Texas. The internship program begins June 7, 2021 and ends August 13, 2021. Based on successful completion of the 10-week program and business-unit need, continued employment may be offered.
- Currently be enrolled at an accredited university or college
- Pursue a bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Mgmt., Accounting, Economics, International Business/Finance, Financial Crimes, or related field.
- Have and maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Be able to work up to 40 hours per week throughout the summer internship with minimum absences.
- Be a senior at time of internship start date.
- Meet legal requirements to work in the U.S. for an indefinite period of time.
- Completion of at least two accounting classes (e.g. Accounting 101 & 102). A candidate should have basic understanding of accounting fundamentals.
- Successfully completed and submitted a research paper in academic career. A candidate should be able to investigate, evaluate, and analyze data and accurately communicate this data to multiple levels of seniority.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically, Microsoft Excel.
- Previous employment experience.
- Works on projects and tasks that are pertinent to the needs of the business unit by applying knowledge, experience and/or education.
- Works with other team members to learn and assist with projects relevant to the department and pursuit of degree.
- Assists the team in their day-to-day functions of servicing our clients or internal customers.
- Assisting with special projects as needed.
- Essential functions to be specified at the department level.
- Begins with a new employee orientation and concludes 10 weeks later with a final project retrospective.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
At Jack Henry, we know we are better together. We value, respect, and protect the uniqueness each of us brings. Innovation flourishes by including all voices and makes our business—and our society—stronger. Jack Henry is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, empowers, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
No one will be subject to, and Jack Henry prohibits, any form of discipline, reprisal, intimidation, or retaliation for good faith reports or complaints of incidents of discrimination of any kind, pursuing any discrimination claim, or cooperating in related investigations.