The Johns Hopkins Center for Talented Youth has exciting summer employment opportunities for graduate and advanced undergraduate students and alumni interested in teaching chemistry.
For decades, CTY summer programs have provided a fun and enriching experience for the most academically advanced elementary, middle, and high school in the world.
Working with CTY in the summer can provide a great experience where you get to work with small classes of bright and motivated students interested in chemistry. Positions are available on the East and West coasts. Room and board are provided in addition to salary for staff at residential sites. Opportunities are available for staff to work either three or six weeks.
Our chemistry courses are:
- Crystals and Polymers (5th-6th graders)
- Chemistry in Society (7th-10th graders)
- Fast-Paced High School Chemistry (7th-10th graders)
- Introduction to Organic Chemistry (7th-10th graders)
Successful teaching assistant candidates have tutoring or teaching assistant experience as well as relevant advanced undergraduate or graduate coursework. Experience working with young people is preferred.
Terms of Employment
- Starting salary for two sessions is $2540
- Housing and meals are provided at residential sites.
- Employees provide their own transportation to domestic sites.
Johns Hopkins University is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. The university promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.