Kemper Summer Internship Program – Claims Process & Strategy Intern
Birmingham, AL or Dallas, TX
Kemper Application Next Steps:
Thank you for applying to Kemper through Handshake!
In order to complete your profile, we ask that you also apply to this position through our internal system. Please follow the URL below to set up your account and apply.
Thank you for your time, and we look forward to reviewing your application!
Kemper is one of the nation’s leading specialized insurers. Our success is a direct reflection of the talented and diverse people who make a positive difference in the lives of our customers every day. We believe a high-performing culture, valuable opportunities for personal development and professional challenge, and a healthy work-life balance can be highly motivating and productive. Kemper’s products and services are making a real difference to our customers, who have unique and evolving needs. By joining our team, you are helping to provide an experience to our stakeholders that delivers on our promises.
We employ over 9.200 associates within our family of companies and are growing! At Kemper, we foster a culture of ownership and accountability where high performance and strong contributions are recognized, valued and rewarded. Add to that our growing auto, home, life and health business segments across the U.S. and you’ve got endless potential. Whether your next journey is across the aisle or up the ladder, you’ll find the space and support you need to continue your personal and professional development all under one roof.
Kemper’s Internship Program
Kemper’s internships will enable you to broaden your understanding of the business, make valuable connections, and set a course for your professional journey with us. You will work on special projects that positively impact our business and our customers.
Kemper is looking for students who love to problem solve and are willing to a make real-life impact on projects that may involve the senior executives to front-line associates. We deliver meaningful experiences in various internship areas like Product Development, Claims, Operations, Finance, IT, Data Analytics, and much more. Are you ready to create your own journey by joining ours?
What Kemper’s Internship Provides
- 12-week paid summer internship
- Challenging projects that support the company’s objectives
- Real-time constructive feedback
- A resource team to assist with training and career development
- Collaboration with managers who have excellent business acumen
- Opportunities to interact with the senior leadership team
- Group activities, including virtual networking events and volunteer activities
- Dedicated program managers and knowledgeable mentors
- Lasting career connections with fellow interns
- Work with Data Analytics team
- Research variety of different topics to answer specific assignments and targeted explorations
- Develop and test prototypes
Intern Requirements & Qualifications
- Must be enrolled in an accredited bachelor’s degree program, with a scheduled graduation between December 2021 and June 2022
- Qualifying majors include in mathematics, statistics, risk management, business, data analytics, actuarial studies or related fields
- Requires familiarity with database querying Statistical and business analysis experience preferred
- A minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 GPA scale
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects
- Self-directed and able to work with little supervision
- Interest in insurance and financial services
- Good collaborative and relationship-building skills
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
Kemper is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, disability status or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We are committed to supporting diversity and equality across our organization and we work diligently to maintain a workplace free from discrimination.
Kemper does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Kemper and Kemper will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.