Kings III Emergency Communications, a privately-owned emergency help phone-monitoring company based in Coppell, was honored to be recognized by its employees and The Dallas Morning News by making the daily newspaper’s Top 100 Places to Work list, falling in at 26th in the midsize companies category.
In order to enter for consideration, a company must have at least 50 local employees in any of the following counties: Dallas, Tarrant, Denton, Collin, Ellis, Johnson, Kaufman, Parker, Rockwall, Wise. Someone (inside or outside of the business) must nominate the company. From there, the company’s employees are sent a survey with 21 statements they must rank on a 7-point scale, distributed between “strongly disagree” and “strongly agree,” along with answering how important each statement is to them. From there, each company is broken into size bands, and the highest-scoring companies in each size band are chosen for the list. Learn more here.
Kings III solidified its 26th spot in the list by ranking in the top 5% of the following culture drivers (as defined by The Dallas Morning News’ standards):
- Clued-In Employees- Team members feel well-informed about important decisions.
- Supportive Managers- Employees perceive that their managers at Kings III care about their concerns and help them grow, learn, and succeed.
- Strong Values
- Meaningful Work
- Leaders In-the-Know- Kings III workers believe that senior management has a well-rounded idea of what happens at the company.
- Employee Appreciation
- Cross-Team Cooperation
- Company Direction– The team believes that Kings III is on a positive trajectory.
Kings III promotes five core values:
- Honesty and integrity
- Service to the customer above all else
- Do what is right
- Good enough is not good enough; pursue excellence
- Encourage individual initiative and growth
Our desire is to hire dedicated employees that can live out these core values in their everyday life at Kings III. Our Customer Service Team operates M-F 8-5. We offer a competitive pay and benefit package. We strive to create a great work environment, and our employee reviews list continues to speak to our success.
Primarily responsible for handling incoming telephone calls from Kings III customers regarding the installation, service, maintenance and support of their emergency telephone equipment
Position Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Field customer inquiries via phone and email. Troubleshoot and resolve hardware issues, schedule service appointments, and respond to customer concerns.
- Proactive outreach to customers to obtain status changes at customer sites in an effort to coordinate the delivery of Kings III services
- Participates in the transmission of notices to clients when a subscriber system has not transmitted a test signal to the Kings III Emergency Dispatch Center
- Interact with multiple software platforms to serve customer needs.
- Apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Contribute to the improvement of department processes and procedures.
- Any other duties assigned by Supervisor/Manager
Essential Skills and Experience Required:
- Customer service or contact center background, including escalated customer scenarios
- High School Diploma
- Professional Written and Oral Communication Skills
- Basic MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Typing at 45 wpm
- Organizational Skills
- Accuracy and dependability
- Punctual and regular attendance
- High attention to detail and accuracy
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- 1 year of previous customer service experience
- Proficient user of Word and Excel
- Bi-lingual in English / Spanish a plus
Pay will be commensurate with experience and skills.
About Our Company
At Kings III, we specialize in reducing risk, liability and costs for our customers. We provide complete, compliant and affordable emergency push button help phone solutions for elevators, poolside, stairwells, parking areas and more (landline, cellular and VoIP available). Our primary client base includes commercial and multi-family real estate owners and property managers. Our all-inclusive turnkey solution includes equipment, installation, maintenance and 24/7 monitoring at our very own Emergency Dispatch Center all for one low price. Two key differentiators include our smart line seizure technology which eliminates costly dedicated emergency phone lines and our digital recording and storing of all calls. These coupled with many other value-added benefits allow us to deliver peace of mind to our clients. At Kings III, our primary focus is servicing the customer above all else. Keeping a current customer satisfied is more important than gaining a new one. As a private company, we don’t have to cut corners to make quarterly profit goals. As a result, our customer retention rate is amazingly high at nearly 98%. Most important to our employees and our customers alike is that we stand behind what we sell and service. If there is a problem, we fix it, period. We are in the life safety business and understand our products must work when needed.
Kings III is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to maintaining a drug-free workplace. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.