About KIPP New Jersey
KIPP New Jersey schools are part of the nationally recognized “Knowledge Is Power Program” non-profit network of college-preparatory, public charter schools educating elementary, middle, and high school students. In 2002, KIPP New Jersey first opened its doors in Newark’s South Ward as a single class of 80 fifth graders and has since grown to teach over 5,100 students in grades K-12 in Newark and Camden. 92% of KIPP New Jersey students currently qualify for free or reduced-price meals. Today, we have grown to 16 (K-12) schools throughout Newark and Camden, NJ. Learn more about KIPP here.
Here’s what you need to know:
KIPP New Jersey is looking for a Technology Specialist to provide user assistance and support on a variety of software, hardware, network and IT related requests at our schools in Camden, NJ. In addition, the technician will collaborate with other team members on IT projects; providing growth potential in various technology areas. This position reports to the Director of Technology Support.
The objective of this position is to provide an optimal teaching and learning environment for our teachers, students and staff each and every day. Success is defined by timely and complete resolution of requests and by earning high satisfaction ratings from principals and staff for quality service. The successful candidate will be experienced in communicating effectively with individuals who are both technical and non-technical, in a timely and professional manner by phone, ticketing system, email, and in person.
*This position requires the use of a personal vehicle to travel between sites during the business day.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Resolve requests for technical support, prioritizing as necessary when specific priorities are not provided
- Efficiently troubleshoot issues and escalate as needed to the Director of Technology Support
- Document, track and monitor all problem/resolution activity to ensure a timely resolution and great communication
- Set up, maintain, and account for PC/Mac/Chrome desktops and laptops
- Set up, maintain and account for HP printers and Ricoh copiers
- Support/manage new computer setup including imaging
- Support document cameras, interactive whiteboards and other classroom technology
- Install and configure software applications (Office 365 Pro Plus, Acrobat, etc.)
- Support technology-related campus projects
- Assist in training faculty and staff on systems and applications as needed
- Coordinate third party hardware warranty repairs
- Support and deploy student computers
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in the following:
- Installing, configuring, and administering Windows 1
- Troubleshooting hardware and software issues including Microsoft Office 365 product
- Basic network management (TCP/IP, Wireless, DNS, DHCP) including basic administration of various network devices
- Securities Solutions: Antivirus, Anti-malware and Anti-spam
- Degree or course training in Computer Science/Systems or related field
- Prior help desk/desktop support experience
- Self-starter with ability to multitask, establish and rearrange priorities, and maintain focus in a fast-paced environment
- Dedication/ownership of your work and an aptitude to see a problem through to solution
- Meticulous analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Unwavering determination to do whatever it takes to help our students succeed
- Valid driver’s license
Nice To Haves
- Experience with:
- Installing, configuring and administering Mac OS X
- Smartphone support – iPhone, Android
- Interactive projectors – SMART and Epson
- Active Directory, Exchange, Office 365, Google Apps
- Kaseya, Cisco VPN, Wasp, Slack, Smartsheet
- CISCO WebEx, Zoom
Compensation & Benefits
In addition to a competitive salary, KIPP NJ offers a full comprehensive benefits plan, including health care, retirement, an optional subsidized wireless plan through Verizon, a school laptop and transportation benefits for TEAMmates commuting into New Jersey from the Philadelphia area.
KIPP New Jersey | KIPP Miami is an equal opportunity employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.