KONE, founded in 1910, is one of the largest, award-winning elevator companies in the world and our offering for employees is as competitive as our offering for customers. Not only do we provide highly competitive salaries, company vehicles for specific roles, and world-class benefits for our salaried employees – we also pride ourselves on our culture and principles. Innovation, sustainability, collaboration and ethical business practices are just some of the pillars that we use to define our own success. Come join our family in KONE Americas to be a part of something big!
Variant Configurator Specialist – Entry Level. Open to new college graduates!
The KONE Technology and Innovation Unit (KTI) is where the magic happens at KONE. It’s where we combine the physical world – escalators and elevators – with smart and connected digital systems. We are changing and improving the way billions of people move within buildings every day.
The Variant Configurator unit is responsible of maintaining the digital representation of elevator products in our ERP system at KONE. The result of our work impacts all the functions at KONE, we achieve this through collaboration of cross-functional teams.
Our Variant Configurator team in North America consist of 9 Engineers located in US and Mexico and we are part of a bigger global team with presence in Europe and Asia. As Variant Configuration Specialist we lead the change, strive for maximum quality and effectivity, and provide innovative solutions to support project development.
As Variant Configuration Specialist your main responsibilities will be:
- Provide the configuration of new products and releases
- Update the configuration of existing components based on the changes made by the R&D team
- Collaborating with KONE’s business stakeholders, partners, projects, and other functions across the organization locally and globally
- Analyze projects and define variant configuration solutions
- Provide support to solve challenges of other functions like KONE factories, Material Management, Sourcing, R&D, Quality, Engineering, IT, and more
- Run reports to facilitate analysis of data
To succeed in this key role, you have to be comfortable collaborating on site and remotely with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders from different countries and cultures. You have the urge to roll your sleeves up and get the job done! You are often described as an inspiring colleague who can see the bigger picture; you are known to be someone who creates the right team environment where people thrive and reach targets. On the technical side, you have a deep understanding of technical architecture, are quick at detecting and predicting possible obstacles, and understand complex dependencies.
The desired candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Knowledge of Lean and Agile leadership, methodologies, and frameworks highly preferred
- Knowledge of programming languages like LUA script, VBS script, VBA, C++ highly preferred
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, specially MS Excel
- Great attention to details
What can KONE offer you?
- A chance to work with products that are used by millions of people every day; products and services that are widely recognized for their quality and innovation; and the opportunity to develop our existing product family and customer offering
- An excellent opportunity to work with leading technologies and partners on a truly global scale and within a global portfolio
- International career opportunities
- A genuinely multicultural work environment
- A culture of research and innovation – have you heard we were recognized by Forbes as World’s Most Innovative Company?
- Flexible working hours and remote working opportunities
- Career Development
- Learning opportunities
KONE Technology and Innovation
We are changing and improving the way billions of people move within buildings every day. Hardware is where we’ve always shined, but today, digital expertise – IoT, analytics, AI, automation, simulation, to name a few – is equally important for our continued success.
What’s KTI like as a workplace? We like to think of ourselves as a diverse tribe, pulling together to understand and meet the ever-changing needs of our customers, from concept through to design, down to every single finished product. This all happens in an atmosphere of trust and respect, typified by our Nordic values, a healthy work-life balance, and a flat hierarchy.
*Applicant must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.