Job Title: Substitute Wage/Hour Status: Nonexempt
Reports to: Principal of Assigned Campus Pay Grade:
Dept./School: Assigned Campus Date Revised: 02/06/2018
In the absence of the teacher or aide, provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences in the academic subject area assigned to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth.
21 years of age
High school diploma – Texas certified or college degree preferred
Ability to work with children and adults
Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Experience / Other Requirements:
Fingerprinting is required
Three employment references are required
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Follow teacher plans and present information and instruction to help students learn the subject matter and skills.
2. Maintain instruction that is compatible with the school and system-wide curriculum goals.
3. Use effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
4. Interact effectively with students, parents, and staff.
5. Adhere to established laws, policies, rules and regulations as presented in the Substitute Handbook and online district policies.
6. Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
7. Maintain confidentiality.
Personal computer, copier, and audiovisual equipment.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Tools/Equipment Used: Personal computer and peripherals; standard instructional equipment;
Posture: Prolonged standing; frequent kneeling/squatting, bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
Motion: Frequent walking
Lifting: Regular light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds); may lift and move text books and classroom equipment
Environment: Work inside, may work outside; regular exposure to noise
Mental Demands: Maintain emotional control under stress; work prolonged or irregular hours