This is a part-time internship offering exposure to the publishing, editing, marketing, and graphic design world.
Interns will learn how the magazine is composed and how the various departments that make up the company work together to make it happen. The intern will work closely with the Director of Corporate Relations, and the Director of Military Affairs and Special Programs. Assignments will range from assisting with special projects in advertising, corporate relations, and with helping to prepare the LATINA Style 50 Report for 2021. The internship is an opportunity to meet executives and professionals from different industries and offers the opportunity to attend high-profile events hosted by LATINA Style, Inc. and partner organizations.
Overall, this is a competitive experience that allows individuals to grow and gain experience in the different fields of the publishing industry.
- Assist staff in the planning of special events (the LATINA Style Business Series — with a possibility of traveling to event location — and the National LATINA Symposium)
- Assist staff with general office duties (mailings, photocopying, filing, etc.)
- Assist the staff with the planning of LS 50 Conference
- Assist the staff with the planning of the Employee Resource Group and Latina Executive of the Year Awards
- Analyze survey data
- Create strategic alliances with hotels, partner organizations, photographers and florists
- Maintain databases for office use
· Basic computer skills (Microsoft Programs: Excel, Word, Outlook, )
· Candidates must be enrolled in an accredited academic program to be eligible to apply
· Self-starter attitude
· Ability to work 15-20 hours a week (During a 9 am-5 pm, M-F work week)
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills
· Excellent organizational skills with particular attention to detail and capacity to effectively manage multiple tasks and deadlines
· Excellent writing, and proof-reading ability
· Familiarity with Military terms/jargon is a plus
· Ability to get along with small dogs is a plus
· This is an unpaid internship, however for every 20 hours worked you will be provided a $100 stipend.