Under general supervision, responsible for performing a wide variety of clerical work, data entry and other duties as assigned. This Part-Time Office Assistant position will work approximately 29 hours per week.
Examples of Duties / Knowledge & Skills:
- Meets and greets incoming visitors, answers telephones and provides information to callers or directs to the appropriate individual. Accurately takes and distributes messages.
- Provides general administrative support including but not limited to scheduling appointments and meetings, typing, copying and filing documents, preparing outgoing mail, opening and routing incoming mail, keeping track of office supply inventory and ordering supplies when required.
- Collects and compiles data from a variety of sources in the preparation of reports of a financial or statistical nature as directed, maintaining spreadsheets as required.
- Scanning and indexing various departmental documents.
- Create, organize and maintain office files as required.
- Assists with bank reconciliations, monthly reports, data entry and other clerical tasks as assigned.
- Assists with monthly and year-end close out procedures and Budget processes as assigned.
- Oversees operation of office machinery.
- This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May perform other duties as assigned to maintain operations.
- Reports to Lubbock County Auditor.
High school diploma or equivalent with one year of related experience.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
General knowledge of office practices and procedures, record keeping and filing procedures; detail oriented; ability to perform basic mathematical calculations; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees, officials and the general public; ability to prepare reports and maintain records. Self-motivation and organizational skills a must. Skill in operating a personal computer and utilizing Microsoft Excel and Word software.
Hourly Rate is $12.00 to $15.000.