Social Media & Marketing Intern
Title: Social Media & Marketing Intern Location: Dallas, TX
Status: 15 -20+ Hours/Week
Education: Must be enrolled or a recent graduate in a Bachelor’s or Master’s Program at an accredited college or university
Compensation: Unpaid/College Credit
Margo West Bridal Alterations Social Media & Marketing Intern program is ideal for a candidate that is majoring in marketing, advertising, or communications. Interns will gain exposure to various aspects of social media marketing but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and LinkedIn marketing, sales and advertising campaign creation and implementation, social public relations projects, market research and analyzing data.
Learning objectives are achieved through training, observation, and learning by doing under close supervision of the CEO with constructive feedback. All duties and responsibilities listed below are facilitated under close observation through a mentor-trainee relationship.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Assist in the creation and implementation of marketing strategies and tactics to attractive ideal clients looking for bridal alterations and custom designs.
· Perform social media market research
· Collect and analyze data to develop and adjust marketing plans
· Assist in marketing and Public Relations projects with outside vendors/partners
· Maintain good client relations through professionalism in all functions of customer service
· Assist in the coordination of tasks and deliverable between client, production and any third party vendors
· Contribute to Margo West Bridal Alterations blog, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linked and Pinterest pages
· Perform other duties as requested
Must Have a clear understanding and be able to work in the following digital and print marketing channels below:
ü Mobile Apps
ü Content Creation/Management
ü Media Planning/Buying
ü Social Media
ü Marketing/Collateral/Direct Mail
ü Special Events
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Must be extremely detail oriented with strong attention to follow-through
· Strong writing skills
· Communicate effectively in both written and verbal form
· Flexible in work functions and duties
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
· Proficient in managing large amounts of data, ability to interpret, and extract meaningful insight from data
· Exceptional time management skills
· Strong teamwork skills
· PC proficient, strong skills in MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) essential
· Adobe CC (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) preferred, but not required
· Must be able to focus for long periods of time at a computer screen given the nature of the business
The above job description is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities of the position and in no way is to be constructed as a contract. As with all positions, employment is “at will” or voluntary on both the part of the organization and the team member.
Employment is not set for a period of time and may be discontinued by either party for any reason with or without notice.