Job Title: Executive Assistant to CEO
Location: Washington, D.C.; In-person
Status: Full-time; Exempt
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Direct Reports: N/A
Typical Work Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday to Friday
Since 1999, Monex USA has provided corporate clients with the best foreign exchange (FX) and international payment solutions in the industry. Monex USA guides thousands of clients, from a broad spectrum of industry sectors, through the intricacies of the currency markets. Our unique market insight is widely recognized in main-line business media such as The Wall Street Journal, Reuters, Bloomberg, and CNBC.
Monex USA is looking for an Executive Assistant. This position will provide high-level operational and administrative support by conducting research, preparing statistical reports, handling information requests, preparing agendas, minutes and attending executive meetings, tracking tasks and project status, as well as performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, travel, errands, and scheduling meetings. May also train and supervise lower-level clerical staff.
- Provides high-level support and assistance to the CEO and Executive Team.
- Attends executive meetings with the CEO
- Creates meeting agendas on behalf of the CEO
- Takes meeting notes
- Acts as project manager for any tasks delegated during meetings – keeps track of who each task is assigned to, follows-up on the progress of tasks, etc.
- Read and analyze incoming memos, emails, submissions, and reports to determine their significance and plan their distribution.
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, and email in a timely manner.
- File and retrieve corporate documents, records, and reports.
- Complies, reviews and prepares information packages for executive and board meetings.
- Greet visitors and determine whether they should be given access to specific individuals.
- Prepare responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries.
- Coordinate with IT to ensure that audio-visual needs are ready and operational for executive meetings.
- Make travel arrangements for executives.
- Conduct research, compile data, and prepare papers for consideration and presentation by executives, committees, and boards of directors.
- Performs additional duties and diverse errands as assigned by CEO and Executive Team.
- Performs office tasks including maintaining records, ordering office and kitchen supplies.
- Prepare reports, memos, letters, and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software.
Profile and Personality
Monex USA’s Executive Assistant is a person who:
- Has a dynamic personality and is proactive in dealing with professional challenges
- Has a willingness to learn, adapts to new environments and is content operating outside their comfort zone, and is willing to take the occasional risk.
- Is collaborative, fosters harmony, and glues teams together to achieve their goals
- Has a straightforward communication style
- Is sensitive to other team member’s needs
- Is enterprising and inquisitive, asking and answering themselves relevant questions before presenting their deliverables.
- Is loyal and supportive of their direct supervisors, the team and firm.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Takes initiative
- Degree in Finance or IT
The annual salary range is $60,000 to $80,000 based on experience with a 10% annual bonus.
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Short Term Disability
- AD&D insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- 401K & Roth
- 16 days of PTO
- Pet Insurance
The application consists of a resume and two years of performance reviews. There will be three rounds of interviews: two virtual rounds and one in-person round. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Offers are contingent on proof of COVID-19 vaccination and passing a background check.
MonexUSA Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued and the company will not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.