Skip to main nav
Digital Sales Manager
- It’s fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they are doing!
- Interested in joining THE #1 Local Broadcast Television and Media company in the United States? WDKY FOX56 in beautiful Lexington, Kentucky is seeking a Sales Manager! Situated in the heart of Bluegrass country, Lexington is Kentucky’s second-largest city serving Central Kentucky. It is known as the world capital of the horse racing industry and a cultural hub of the state. Future economic indicators are positive. The city is characterized for its surrounding horse farms that give the region its identity, but also for its rapidly developing urban center. WDKY FOX56 is the home to Central Kentucky’s #1 Late Night Newscast. If you have experience in leading a Digital Sales team or Integrated Sales, then we encourage you to apply! Previous experience working in Broadcast Television, leading high performing sales teams and focus on new business development is preferred but not required.
- The Digital Sales Manager (DSM) directly oversees the daily operations of the station’s digital advertising business and interacts with clients and advertising agencies to maximize digital revenue.
- The DSM assists in training and developing Account Executives and collaborates with the DOS & LSM on digital sales.
- • Develops and executes sales strategies which result in exceeding revenue targets in digital
- • Works with Account Executives and clients developing results driven digital marketing solutions across multiple platforms.
- • Attends sales calls with Account Executives to develop new accounts and maximize existing accounts.
- • Be an effective educator/trainer both internally and externally on digital tactics, benefits, and trends.
- • In partnership with the Local Sales Manager, prepare and lead sales meeting.
- • Works closely with Accounts Receivable and sales team to maintain current and collectible aging.
- • Acts as a backup for the Local Sales Manager on an as needed basis.
- • Manage Digital inventory and effective pricing.
- • Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requirements & Skills
- • Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, or equivalent combination of education and work-related experience preferred.
- • Minimum three-year experience in Sales, preferably in the Digital field.
- • Current knowledge of digital ad technology, online ad serving, 3rd party research skills such as ComScore and Google Analytics.
- • IAB and/or Google AdWords certification a plus.
- • Proficiency in MS Office products required.
- • Experience with Wide Orbit, Matrix, Strata, Nielsen, ComScore and AdMall are a plus.
- • Fluency in English; with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- • Occasional travel required; available to work extended hours if needed.
- If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you’ll enjoy your career with us!