About Camp Nuhop:
Nuhop is a non-profit organization that’s mission is to provide a safe, nurturing, dynamic learning environment where all people are empowered to succeed. Our summer camp program provides a traditional summer camp experience for children and young adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder, ADHD, learning disabilities, mood disorders, as well as other neurodiversities. We spend each day outside going on hikes, swimming, canoeing, tubing, using the ropes course, and even camping out under the stars!
Counselors are responsible for organizing, planning, and facilitating individual sessions, as well as handling day to day interactions with our campers. This includes overnight responsibilities to maintain appropriate supervision of campers. Counselors should have a positive attitude, as well as an understanding of children with special needs and the outdoors. Counselors should have completed at least one year of college.
- Staff Training begins June 1st 2021 and will end on June 11th, 2021.
- 1 week long sessions will run June 13th-July 23rd
Qualified Individuals will have:
- Experience working with youth and working outdoors
- Current FBI/BCI Background Check, or be willing to acquire one
- Ability to stand/walk/hike for two to three hours at a time
- Ability to direct and supervise others with professionalism and respect
- A bachelor’s degree in education, special education, social work, psychology, or related field is preferred, but not required
Job Type: Temporary