Environmental Data Outreach Part Time
The EPA National Student Services Contract has an immediate opening for a Part-time contractor position, with one year graduate school; Environmental Data Outreach with the Office of Research and Development at the EPA facility in Research Triangle Park, NC.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with at least one year of graduate school and a recent
Bachelor’s grad, to collaborate with EPA’s research team. Research experience includes:
· Summarizing the needs of stakeholders;
· Developing EPA report and presentation;
· Participation as member of multi-disciplinary research team; and
· Networking and exploring many career paths at EPA.
Location: This job will be located at EPA’s facility in Research Triangle Park, NC
Salary: $26.87 per hour.
Travel: Occasional overnight travel may be required.
· Strong written, oral and electronic communication skills;
· Demonstrated knowledge and professional demeanor in using communication software including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Skype and the ability to communicate scientific information;
· Experience with data analysis software including Excel and R; and
· Experience with data management solutions including databases.
What the EPA project is about
Within ORD, the Center for Environmental Measurement & Modeling (CEMM) conducts research to advance EPA’s ability to measure and model contaminants in the environment, including research to provide fundamental methods and models needed to implement environmental statutes. The methods and models developed by CEMM are typically applied at the airshed, watershed and ecosystem level. Within CEMM, the Air Methods and Characterization Division (AMCD) develops, evaluates and applies advanced laboratory and field methods to measure, characterize, and analyze concentrations of pollutants in the air and at a diverse array of emission sources.
· Be at least 18 years of age and
· Have at least one year of graduate school and earned at least A Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, environmental science, engineering, statistics, math, physics, information/data science, data management, science communication, or a closely related field of study from an accredited university or college within the last 24 months and
· Be a citizen of the United States of America or a Legal Permanent Resident.
EPA ORD employees, their spouses, and children are not eligible to participate in this program.
Interested in this research opportunity? If so, follow the link below to apply. Questions? Email DeAnna.Copeland@ORAU.org