*Applications will be reviewed on a rolling-basis.
A research opportunity is currently available with the Office of the Associate Director for Communication (OADC) within the Office of the Director (OD) at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in Atlanta, Georgia.
CDC-INFO is CDC’s national contact center. The contact center delivers health information to consumers, healthcare professionals, and public health partners who call, mail, or e-mail their inquiries about disease prevention and health promotion. CDC-INFO also provides customer feedback and data to CDC programs and agency leadership to inform strategic planning and agency activities.
The project will focus on collaborating with CDC-INFO stakeholders to determine their specific data and reporting needs. The selected participant will learn how to use this knowledge to be involved in creating a central self-service dashboard (using Microsoft Power BI) for all CDC programs and OD staff that will help inform strategic planning and agency activities. The participant will also learn how to run tailored reports, create custom visuals, and gather input from programs to improve products. The participant will become familiar with the various CDC programs and how they use CDC-INFO data to inform strategic planning and agency activities.
Under guidance of a mentor, the participant will be involved in:
- Data mining and cleaning to convert data into its desired form
- Learning Power BI through online classes and tutorials
- Contributing to produce clear visualizations of contact center data through figures, tables, maps, and interactive online dashboards
- Participating in the development of analytic frameworks to interpret data and report data to CDC programs
- Contributing to editing and updating existing code on analysis for contact center metrics, such as prepared response usage, and escalation analysis
- Involved in coordinating discussions with individual CDC programs to determine data and reporting needs
- Participating in responding to CDC program data requests and/or technical assistance with reports
If you have questions, send an email to ORISE.CDC.OD@orau.org. Please include the reference code for this opportunity (CDC-OD-2021-0040) in your email.