*Applications will be reviewed on a rolling-basis.
A research and evaluation opportunity is currently available within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) at the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), Center for Evidence and Practice Improvement (CEPI) located in Rockville, Maryland.
CEPI is in search of a research participant to participate in projects to analyze and improve the effectiveness and impact of the Evidence-based Practice Center (EPC) program and its evidence review products and policies including integration with other CEPI and AHRQ efforts to increase the uptake of evidence in practice. This project’s objective is to assess the impact and efficiency of EPC program; to evaluate key processes using an evidence-based approach that assesses the value of each step and leads to sustained practical solutions for the program.
Specific activities may vary depending on the participant’s specific skill set and the Center’s priorities for the EPC division. Other opportunities may be available with other divisions across the Center. Under the guidance of a mentor, the participant will have the opportunity to learn and train in the following areas:
- Understanding the scientific methods and administrative processes used to produce high quality systematic reviews
- Developing quality improvement and evaluation plans for EPC reports and processes
- Performing literature searches
- Consulting stakeholders and conducting qualitative research
- Analyzing large datasets to assess evidence of practice change related to evidence reports
- Compiling and analyzing relevant qualitative and quantitative data
- Synthesizing and presenting findings, recommendations and implementation insights
- Collaborating with other Divisions in CEPI to increase the uptake of evidence in practice
Anticipated Appointment Start Date: Spring 2021
This program, administered by ORAU through its contract with the U.S. Department of Energy to manage the Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education, was established through an interagency agreement between DOE and HHS. The initial appointment can be up to one year, but may be renewed upon recommendation of HHS contingent on the availability of funds. The participant will receive a monthly stipend commensurate with educational level and experience. A health insurance allowance and a travel/training allowance will be provided. Proof of health insurance is required for participation in this program. Health insurance can be obtained through ORISE. The appointment is full-time at HHS in the Rockville, Maryland, area. Participants do not become employees of HHS, DOE or the program administrator, and there are no employment-related benefits.
If you have questions, send an email to HHSrpp@orau.org. Please include the reference code for this opportunity (HHS-AHRQ-2021-0066) in your email.