Use your passion for media and marketing for God’s glory! If you have a couple spare weeks or a few months in the summer, you can fill a vital need for our OM team in New Zealand: Sharing the stories of what God is doing and helping more people hear the Gospel while also building your portfolio and experiencing cross-cultural missions.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- You will be part of a team, acting as a liaison, helping in launching & executing our pilot social media campaign to raise awareness and garner support.
- This is a great opportunity to be a part of a professional marketing team and learn about social media ads, lead generation process, content marketing (videos, stories, photos).
- This will be a great value add to your resume and a launch pad for a successful career in marketing and digital media.
- You will have the opportunity to work with professional marketing consultants and experienced team of global marketers.
Proposed Weekly Schedule:
- Helping with the social media campaign (FB & Instagram)
- Graphic design
- Curating stories from the global story platform
- Scheduling compelling, engaging and value adding content
- Building LinkedIn profile using graphic story telling techniques
- Monitoring, analyzing and reporting the progress/challenges of the project
- Fellowshipping with the local OM team over a meal each week and praying together
- Be a part of the local church community and enjoy God’s beautiful creation in the South Island
Qualifications and Skills:
- Skilled in storytelling, gathering information, & project management.
- Some experience or interest/study in communications, photography, videography, digital media or graphic design.
- All interns must formally accept and abide by OM USA’s Statement of Faith for the duration of the internship.
- Our organization will provide tools and training to raise funds.
- Pre-Field training happens through on-line materials and Skype sessions with coaches and other interns for a few weeks leading up departure date. Includes debriefing with coaches on return.
- The length of time needs to be a minimum of 6 weeks as any shorter just doesn’t give time to settle and see results.
- Training: You will receive orientation and cultural training upon arrival in New Zealand and work closely with our field staff as a guide. Depending on your commitment time, you can also expect a regular meeting with a mentor to continue helping you adjust to the culture and invest in you spiritually.
- Accommodations: Again, it depends upon your commitment time and which projects you are working on, but you will most likely stay in a host family house.
- Equipment: We would suggest you to bring your own laptop/equipment and digital camera.
Qualifications of on-field supervisor:
- MBA & Post Grad. in Marketing Management.
- 10+ years experience in market/marketing research and marketing management.
- Degree Credit available upon the approval of your university/college supervisors.