Internships at Otis are rewarding and challenging, providing you with the opportunity to learn, grow, and develop through meaningful projects that drive our business. Our comprehensive internship program will allow you to gain hands-on experience and broaden your technical and business acumen skills. You’ll be immersed in the Otis culture where we collaborate to best serve our customers; and where we empower and inspire each other through support, autonomy and trust.
The purpose of the Change Management internship is to improve the success of integration activities, through an in-depth focus around people (all stakeholders) and the communications/change required to deliver the new organization. The focus of the role is to be both an advisory resource and hands-on team member of the established Change Management team and work with the Integration Office, especially across the Talent, Change Management, Go-to-Market, and Internal Communications work streams. This internship will facilitate the use of best practices and be hands-on to help teams by completing assessments, Stakeholder analysis, developing concise communication plans, and utilize the Change Network for project readiness and launches.
Expectations of the internship:
- The Change Management intern is primarily responsible for understanding impacts, communicating changes, owning, driving and being a central point of contact for supporting project teams
- Assess culture and understand requirements to effectively plan, launch and integrate workforce teams, and then monitor progress compared to benchmarks
- Help leaders/ teams have the foundation to be successful in a new organization, through change management strategies and tactics
- Support the development of an appropriate Operating Model and Integration Plan, through a comprehensive understanding of anticipated challenges for legacy and transitioned teams
- Develop and execute a 360 communications plan that drives connections for transitioned leaders, employees, teams, clients and all stakeholders
- Help the sponsor drive engagement, communications/connections across the functions
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Works as a core member of the Change Management team and as a planning/tactical resource for work stream activities related to Change Management/ Communications:
- Conducts target cultural assessment and helps the sponsor/ integration office leads, as they assess current operating model and anticipated changes to move to the new operating model
- Translates changes across the operating model into a baseline change management plan, that sponsors and Target leaders support and execute
- Conducts stakeholder analysis and developing a communications plan that addresses internal and external stakeholders
- Works with Sponsor and leaders, and integration office resources to develop key messaging and prepare for key events/deliverables according to the plan
- Develops effective teaming relationship specifically with Talent, particularly to drive key employee-leader focused meetings
- Engages Integration Office team members to support and help deliver the change management/communications plan deliverables
- Produces progress reports on benchmarks, conducts feedback surveys, and works with Corporate Development Integration Lead and Sponsors to develop risk mitigation plans
- Works with the Corporate Development integration lead and overall team to deliver and refine consistent best practices approaches across all integrations
This is a full-time, paid summer internship, typically starting in May/June and ranging from 10-12 weeks. Throughout your internship, we provide continuous training and performance feedback to ensure you develop the necessary skills to succeed.
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS:
- Current student pursuing an undergraduate degree in Business, Organizational Leadership, or similar field of study
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational, time management and prioritization skills
- Self-starter and able to work with minimal direction
- Ability to communicate a clear understanding of subject matter and work in cross-functional teams
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Software applications
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Microsoft Suite
- Experience with SharePoint
- Experience of using ADKAR methodology to drive awareness and communication campaigns, developing engagement activities, and mapping adoption metrics
- Experience with screen capture software, image manipulation, and video editing applications like SnagIt, Camtasia, GoAnimate, and more
- Experience with eLearning software applications like Captivate, Adobe Technical Suite, Articulate, Presenter, and more
Otis is the world’s largest elevator and escalator manufacturing, installation and service business. We serve customers in over 200 countries and territories around the world and maintain more than 2 million elevators and escalators. We have more than 69,000 employees, including engineers, digital technology experts, sales and functional specialists, as well as factory and field technicians. We are proud to be a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving, high-performance company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures to better serve our customers. Just imagine where you can take your career!
Otis is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.