Internships at Otis are rewarding and challenging, providing you with the opportunity to learn, grow, and develop through meaningful projects that impact and drive our business. Our comprehensive Internship Program will allow you to gain hands-on experience and broaden your digital technology, communication, and business acumen skills. You will have the opportunity to work with leading professionals in our industry and you’ll be immersed in the Otis culture where we collaborate to best serve our customers; where we empower and inspire each other through support, autonomy and trust; and where we set big goals, rise to achieve them, and win as a team!
The elevator industry is constantly growing and we are looking for individuals to help ensure we capitalize on current market conditions while delivering the best customer experience. Our Interns are assigned progressively challenging projects that assist and support growth in our business from Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, Information/Digital Technology and Data Analytics. The projects assigned are related to core functions that are customer focused, result-oriented, and performance driven which will require teamwork, research and problem-solving skills.
As an Information/Digital Technology (IT/DT) Intern, you’ll work closely with the team on execution of key Digital/Information Technology projects and controls initiatives supporting Otis North America. Key deliverables range from:
- Learning Otis key processes and systems
- Identifying the needs and wants of the stakeholders during the requirements elicitation process
- Identifying and create the High-Level Business requirements of the business owners
- Preparing Business Cases, reports and presentations
- Business analysis documentation and deliverables
- Scheduling & conducting review meetings with business, immediate team and other needed areas
This internship would be ideal for individuals interested in IT project management or IT business analytics.
These are full-time, paid summer internships, typically ranging from 10-12 weeks. Throughout your internship, we provide continuous training and performance feedback to ensure you build the necessary skills to succeed. Additional career opportunities are available upon conclusion of a successful internship, including placement into entry-level, professional roles within the organization.
Education / Qualifications:
- Pursuing a BS in Computer Engineering/Science, Information Systems, Project Management or other Information Technology concentrations
- Proactive and results-driven individual who thrives in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills
- Must be able to complete projects with supervision. Ability to take ownership and ask for help when needed
- Flexibility and Adaptability
- High Computer literacy, demonstrated MS Office skills (O365 is a plus)
- Team player
Additionally, Candidates should be self-starters and be able to work with minimal direction. They should be able to communicate a clear understanding of their subject matter, work in cross-functional teams, respect individual differences and welcome diverse thinking, and offer informed suggestions to improve processes.
Otis is the world’s largest elevator and escalator manufacturing, installation and service business. We serve customers in over 200 countries and territories around the world and maintain more than 2 million elevators and escalators. We have more than 69,000 employees, including engineers, digital technology experts, sales and functional specialists, as well as factory and field technicians. We are proud to be a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving, high-performance company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures to better serve our customers. Just imagine where you can take your career!
Otis is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.