The Digital Software Engineer will be part of the engineering team and will have joint development with the global team in Belgium and India to create new digital products, digital engineering leverages data and technology to produce improvements to applications and/or offer new solutions. The Digital Software Engineer will work closely with Product Management and Business Development to explore digital opportunities which will shape the direction for the company. This individual will be an Ideal Team Player who supports our mission to build a convenient, safe, automated world and works to achieve our vision of continued growth and market expansion.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop and maintain backend applications written primarily and focused on in C#, .Net Core and Azure cloud platform
- Design, develop, and maintain frontend/mobile applications written primarily and focused on in Angular, Android Java, iOS Swift
- Effectively communicate, collaborate, and influence business team members across many projects and departmental boundaries
- Respect company standards in terms of architecture, programming languages, code repositories etc. and willing to get hands dirty working incident responses, writing code, configuring applications, troubleshooting issues, digging into logs, looking at metrics, etc.
- Prepare programming specifications from which programs will be written including design, code, test, debug, and documentation
- Prepare programming documentation and record changes in development, maintenance and application standards
- Comply with architectural standards and established methodologies and practices.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
- Proven experience in C# development
- Proven experience in mobile/angular development
- Relational database skills
- Mobile-oriented programming skills
- Object-oriented programming skills
- Knowledge in TypeScript a plus
- Strong communication skills