ABA Behavior Therapist – Part-Time or Full-Time
(We can schedule you around your college classes)
This is a great opportunity for College graduates or those currently enrolled in undergraduate and graduate programs. You will learn invaluable training techniques to help you work with children. This job opportunity is invaluable for those wanting to work in education, therapy fields or psychology.
Under the general direction of the assigned consultant, the Behavior Therapist performs a variety of activities in support of instructional programs for clients who have been diagnosed with an autism spectrum or related disorder. Prepares appropriate materials; collects daily progress data and consults with the patient’s treatment team on a regular basis.
The requirements listed on the job description are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
The position includes but is not limited to the following list of representative duties:
1. Implements individualized instructional program (such as discrete trial training, verbal behavior, academics, self-care skills, social skills development, behavior plan), developed by the BCBA or other appropriate staff within the clinic.
2. Prepares all materials necessary for implementing individualized program as stated above.
3. Supports clients in all settings including other therapies within the clinic.
4. Collects daily progress data on assigned clients and reports on that data to supervisors and the team.
5. Consults with team members and other appropriate staff on a regular basis.
- Completion of high school degree, minimum
- Satisfactory completion of training program (we can provide this training) in autism interventions including: discrete trial teaching, social skills facilitation, behavior intervention, structured teaching, visual communication systems, and data collection procedures.
- CPR certification
1. We prefer previous experience working with individuals with Autism and other developmental disabilities but we can also train you.
2. Knowledge of Child Development
3. Ethical and professional code of conduct as specified by the BACB.
Clinic Support & Work Conditions
1. Complete all training and professional development requested in a timely manner.
2. Demonstrate the ability to handle multiple tasks effectively.
3. Demonstrate the ability to assist in all areas of the clinic as requested.
4. Complete Community Support Events in order to participate in community outreach events that benefit our clients, help educate the general public and connect the general public to services.
5. Complete all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
• Physical, mental, and emotional stamina to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
• Mental acuity to collect and interpret data, evaluate, reason, define problems, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, make valid judgments and decisions.