Clinical Therapy Tech
(Must be available to work 11:00-2:00 or 11:00-4:00 at least 3 days a week)
Under the general direction of the assigned a licensed therapist, the Therapy Technician performs a variety of activities in support of instructional programs for clients who have been diagnosed with a developmental disorder. Assists patients for lunch and self-help skills, prepares appropriate instructional materials, collects daily progress data, organizes and cleans treatment rooms, and provides general support for the clinic.
The requirements listed on the job description are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
The position includes but is not limited to the following list of representative duties:
- Implements individualized instructional program developed by the BCBA or other appropriate staff within the clinic.
- Supports clients in all settings including other therapies within the clinic.
- Implements safe environment for patients and use self-help skills including eating, toileting and dressing.
- Organizes and prepares treatment rooms.
- Sanitizes and secures environment for treatment for patients.
- 18 years of age; Completion of high school degree, minimum
- CPR Certification
1. Previous experience working with individuals with Autism and other developmental Disabilities.
2. Knowledge of Child Development; loves to work with children
3. Ethical and professional code of conduct as specified by the BACB.
Clinic Support & Work Conditions
1. Complete all trainings and professional development requested in a timely manner.
2. Demonstrate the ability to handle multiple tasks effectively.
3. Demonstrate the ability to assist in all areas of the clinic as requested.
4. Complete Community Support Events to participate in community outreach events that benefit our clients, help educate the general public and connect the general public to services.
5. Complete all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The forgoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills that may be required.
1. Physical, mental, and emotional stamina to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
2. Mental acuity to collect and interpret data, evaluate, reason, define problems, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, make valid judgments and decisions.
3. Physical agility to sit, stand, kneel, walk, push/pull, squat, twist, turn, bend, stoop and to reach overhead.
4. Physical stamina sufficient to sustain light physical labor for up to 8 hours, sit and/or walk for prolonged periods of time.
5. Physical mobility sufficient to move about the work environment for sustained periods of time on hard flooring, climb slopes, stairs, ramps and to respond to emergency situations.