Promote, market, and facilitate the overall sale of products of the bank. Contribute to the bank’s growth by the effective sale of bank services to new and existing customers with emphasis on courteous and professional service.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP AND SCOPE
This position reports directly to the Head Teller and Branch Manager.
This position reports indirectly to the Teller Operations Manager and the EVP Chief Sales & Service Officer.
This position is classified as Non-Exempt under the FLSA.
The purpose of this position is to:
- Provide prompt, efficient, and friendly service in processing customers’ transactions.
- Identify and take advantage of opportunities to promote and refer bank products and services to satisfy customers’ financial needs and goals.
- Follow the established policies and procedures for this position, as directed by the manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Process commercial and consumer transactions (such as account deposits/withdrawals, cashing checks, loan payments, etc) following established policies, procedures and customer service standards, using computerized platform and teller programs.
- Follow established policies and procedures (such as verifying all transaction elements for authenticity or fraud, placing holds, etc.), using computerized platform and teller programs when necessary, to ensure work is completed correctly and in compliance with regulations.
- Responsible for processing proof, balancing coin machines and DYNA machines* (*where applicable)
- Responsible for sales, cross-sales and referrals of bank products and services, or any other sales or marketing campaigns or initiatives, to new and existing customers to meet individual and branch goals, and overall bank goals and objectives.
- Know procedures for and maintain compliance with banking regulations and reporting requirements (such as BSA, Reg CC, Privacy, CTRs, etc).
- Keep cash secure and maintain a high level of safety and security for the bank. Maintain proper levels of cash in cash drawer. Balance cash drawer daily. Order/sell cash as necessary. Scan and balance proof.
- Respond to customer questions or problems in a quick, courteous and friendly manner, taking advantage of any sales or referral opportunities.
- Know procedures for opening/closing branch.
- Know procedures for robbery/emergency response.
- Know procedures for researching and locating outages, thereby limiting violations of the Teller Outage Policy.
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Attend all meetings and complete all training required to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Comply with all applicable Federal and State regulations and guidance associated with the performance of your job function.
- Comply with all applicable BSA/AML/OFAC policies and procedures associated with the performance of your job function, including participation in required training and identifications of suspicious activity.
- Responsible for making suggestions to improve branch/departmental operations and overall bank.
- Accept periodic cross-training, works in other branches if needed.
- Assist with the professional appearance of the inside and outside of the Branch. Report to the Facilities Manager of any maintenance, landscaping, or housekeeping needs.
- Perform other duties and assignments within the bank at Management’s request.
EQUIPMENT USE, PHYSICAL & MENTAL DEMANDS, AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Frequency: (R) Rarely 0-15%; (O) Occasionally (16-45%); (F) Frequently (46-100%)
Cash Dispensing Machine-F
Drive-thru Tubes/Commercial Lane Drawer-F
PHYSICAL & MENTAL DEMANDS
Light to Medium work-Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
Close Visual Acuity-worker is required to perform such tasks as preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, or viewing a computer terminal.
Worker is subject to inside environmental conditions; protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes-F
Worker is subject to outside environmental conditions when working with ATMs or when traveling to required bank meetings and training sessions-O
Worker is subject to local travel as required when working with ATMs or when traveling to required bank meetings and training sessions-O
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Recruiter at 940 686 7023. PointBank is an Equal Opportunity Employer of minorities, women, veterans, and