This internship is uniquely designed for high performing students interested in growing their experience in the CRO industry who identify as members of traditionally underrepresented minority groups in the pharmaceutical and drug development industry (Black or African American, Hispanic or Latino, American Indian or Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, or two or more races), protected veterans, and/or individuals with disabilities.
PPD SDIP Offers Students:
- Intern Housing and Relocation Allowance
- Professional Development Stipend of $200
- Intern Strength Finders Activity
- Mentorship and Networking
- Interview, Resume Building, Career Preparedness, and Mindfulness and Resilience Workshops
- Social Media Contests and Prizes
- Management teams provided with Cultural Competency Training
GROW YOUR CAREER WITH PPD
- Utilize your research, analytical, laboratory, and organizational skills to understand our business and assist teams in real life projects
- Gain exposure through networking events, social media, and shadowing opportunities
- Participate in professional development opportunities focused on topics such as personal brand, building relationships, interviewing and resume building, career preparedness, and engaging in continuous coaching and development with the assistance of a team of mentors
- Attending and participating in meetings and conference calls
- Other ad-hoc tasks under the direction of the PPD supervisor
- Students must identify as a member of traditionally underrepresented racial and ethnic minority groups with an interest in the CRO industry (Black or African American, Hispanic or Latino, American Indian or Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, or two or more races), protected veterans, and/or individuals with disabilities.
- Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program
- Must be a rising senior interested in full time PPD employment opportunities post-graduation
- Preferred Majors: Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry, Cellular Biology, Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Genetics, and other lab focused degrees
Please note that candidates requiring long term sponsorship will not be considered.