Responsible for the timely submission of technical or professional medical claims to insurance companies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing and reviewing claim paperwork through electronic and paper processing.
- Checking eligibility and benefits verification for durable medical equipment.
- Identifying secondary or tertiary insurances.
- Answering all patient or insurance telephone inquiries pertaining to assigned accounts.
- Obtaining referrals and pre-authorizations as required for durable medical equipment.
- Internal Customer Service
- External Customer Service
- Professional Appearance and Attitude
- Other Duties May be assigned
- Interpersonal Skills
- Communication Skills
- Listening Skills
- Problem Analysis and Problem-Solving
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Stress Tolerance
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of an organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None
Other Skills and Abilities: None
Other Qualifications: None
Physical Demands: Must Lift/Carry 25-50 Pounds
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and sit.T
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 – $18.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday- Will consider part-time hours for students
- Medical Billing: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as Indeed is not responsible for the employer’s application process.