Begin a meaningful career right here.
Are you looking for an experience in an elite design studio? Are you enthusiastic about generating inventive and fresh ideas for common products? We are seeking top Design students to join our team. As a Design Co-op, you would be
responsible for crafting excellent design solutions that support the brand strategy and business objectives.
All of our co-op roles will include hands on design along with envisioning, encouraging, and crafting solutions for packaging, product and digital.
What roles are available?
1. The Graphic Design role at P&G leads and creates the visual expression of a brand and how it comes to life across touchpoints (including packaging, in-store, digital/social, etc). As a Co-Op, we will pair you with creative leaders, agency partners, and marketers to influence brand and design strategies and create extraordinary design solutions. We allow you to work through all parts of the design process, starting with assessing the landscape and brainstorming and continuing through design/content creation. Creative thinking, project management, and collaboration with multi-functional teams are an important part of this role. We look for majors/degrees in Graphic Design, Fashion Design, or Textile Design.
2. The Industrial Design role is a developer of package, device, and delivery systems ranging from ground breaking innovations to reinventing key products. You will partner with engineers and technologists to deliver P&G’s innovation pipeline. You will work through the end to end design process, from brainstorming and ideation, deep consumer insight, to prototyping and execution. We are looking for someone with project management, creative thinking, and strong collaboration skills. We prefer an Industrial Design major for in this role.
3. The Digital Design co-op is a hybrid of communication design, UI/UX design, and content creation (both video and still). This position requires a diverse set of skills in order to help lean innovation teams move fast and learn efficiently. You will collaborate with Industrial Designers, Marketers, and Engineers to help push the story behind products and help communicate it to consumers. You will help take projects from brainstorm, to ideation, to execution, no matter the medium (web design, photography shoots, how to videos, Facebook ads, etc.) while keeping a strong graphic design aesthetic. We would like you to have a degree in UI/UX Design, Communication Design, Interactive Design, Digital Design, New Media Design, or Advertising Design.
We believe this is ideal for you if you are attending a design university/college with a major in design and have:
* A keen eye and attention to detail.
* Collaboration/interdependence skills through past examples.
* Examples of discipline, time and project management skills.
* Use of compassion and non-linear thinking: You should be able to see the consumer as a person and ideate solutions with the consumer in mind.
Graphic design co-ops should be familiar with Adobe CS (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat).
Industrial design co-ops are expected to have experience with CAD or rendering software (e.g. Alias, Rhino, Solid Works, or Freeform for Industrial Designers).
A bold portfolio including design mastery and the ability to take on problems using design skills as shown in a competitive portfolio.
These things are important to note:
We use online assessments to measure skills and abilities that generally do not emerge from interviews. These assessments are critical as they help figure out if you possess the competencies needed to be successful at P&G.
Three different Co-Op Sessions are offered please indicate your interest based on your school schedule.
– Fall (approximately August thru December)
– Spring (approximately January thru May)
– Summer (approximately May thru August)
All Design Co-Op’s are full time based on a 40 HR work week.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We value diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this position, except in rare situations based on Procter & Gamble’s sole discretion. Applicants for U.S. based positions are eligible to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future sponsorship. We do not sponsor for permanent residency. Any exceptions are based on the Company’s specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
MQualificlearly detailed in job description are assessed in the pre-screen questionnaire