In Manufacturing Supply Purchasing (MSP), the Part-time Purchasing Analyst manages the supplier base and researches, analyzes, and reviews ingredients, packaging, supplies, and equipment categories. This includes ensuring an uninterrupted supply of products and services and negotiating the best supplier agreements for Publix. The Purchasing Analyst reports to the Category Manager.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- research, analyze and review ingredients, packaging, supplies and equipment categories utilizing the Publix Purchasing Methodology,
- understand customer requirements, source and research industries to understand supplier capabilities, manufacturing processes, market conditions, industry trends and key cost drivers,
- negotiate the best agreement for Publix, and
- analyze and develop various spreadsheets and documents (e.g. scan data, miscellaneous volume movement, forecasting, product screening, product testing, etc.), summarize and present information in a clear and concise matter.
- Working toward the attainment of a Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience,
- strong analytical and logical reasoning skills, which can be gained through college coursework,
- problem-solving and creative thinking,
- excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel,
- strong mathematical skills,
- excellent customer service skills,
- strong verbal and written communication skills,
- strong project management skills,
- ability to interact with all levels of the organization in both formal and informal situations,
- ability to encourage participation, learning, innovation and creativity within teams and associates,
- ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects, plan effectively and exhibit poise and professionalism in stressful situations,
- possess strong leadership skills,
- high degree of motivation,
- professionalism and the ability to maintain confidentiality,
- ability to work well with others and be a team member,
- obvious enthusiasm, initiative, pride in work, and a
- commitment to Publix and our Mission.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related field,
- CPM (Certified Purchasing Manager) or CPSM (Certified Professional in Supply Management,
- experience utilizing strong statistical skills,
- solid understanding of purchasing, manufacturing processes and business practices,
- experience in manufacturing processes, and/or
- working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Access.