- Must be a recently transitioned military veteran, military spouse, actively serving National Guard or Reservist
- Proven work experience in desktop support or a similar role
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Client-oriented mindset
- Strong documentation skills
- Hands-on experience with Windows 10/Mac OS environments
- Working knowledge of Office 365 products
- Knowledge of mobile device management
- Knowledge of basic computer peripherals
- Knowledge of network security practices and anti-virus programs
- Ability to perform remote troubleshooting and provide clear instructions
- Excellent problem-solving and multitasking skills
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities
The Quicken Loans Tour of Duty program is an exclusive 6-month program designed to give recently transitioned veterans the opportunity to gain priceless hands-on experience at an award-winning company. Tour of Duty Associates learn how it feels to be in the civilian workplace, participate in events around the city of Detroit and become a valuable member of our team. Are you the type of person who strives to make a difference? Technology Tour of Duty Associates at Quicken Loans make a difference for our clients and our company every day. The Desktop Technical Support Specialist solves basic PC-related problems, performs basic troubleshooting for end users, administers new and current campaigns, and documents all technology changes. If you want to make your mark, join the company that will make a big difference in your career!
The Tour of Duty Associate Desktop Tech Support Specialist ensures proper technology operations to help end users accomplish organizational tasks. Their duties include receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving end-user help and incident requests.
- Field incoming help requests from the queue; reach out to team members via various forms of communication to resolve the issue (hardware, software, etc.)
- Conduct remote troubleshooting to help fix issues
- Ask targeted questions to diagnose problems
- Walk team members through installing applications and computer peripherals
- Participate in moving and reconnecting technology from space to space
- Set up hardware, including PCs, monitors, phones, keyboard and mouse, printers, etc.
- Test alternative pathways until issue are resolved
- Customize desktop applications to meet user needs
- Record technical issues and solutions in logs
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
- Follow up with clients to ensure their systems are functional
- Help create technical documentation and manuals
Who We Are
We’re America’s largest mortgage lender, closing loans in all 50 states. J.D. Power ranked Quicken Loans “Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination” for the past 9 consecutive years, 2010 – 2018. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for 6 consecutive years, 2014 through 2019, each year the company was eligible. There’s a simple reason we’ve been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you’re tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you’ll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won’t find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was named #1 in ESSENCE Magazine’s first ever list of “Best Places to Work for African Americans” in 2015. We’ve been on Computerworld’s “Best Places to Work in IT” list for 13 years running, hitting #1 the last 5 years. We were also ranked #14 in FORTUNE Magazine’s list of “100 Best Companies to Work For” in 2018, remaining in the top 30 for the past 15 years.