Christian School Assistant Teacher and Afterschool Care Teacher
In search of a caring, experienced teacher that will assist lead teacher and fill in when teachers are out. Classrooms are multi-aged therefore the teacher will be teaching or assisting Elementary of Middle School students through a Self-Paced curriculum. Reach Academy Learning Center is a new school that specializes in assessing each students’ educational needs and developing Individual Learning Plans for each child. This is a non-traditional model. We desire an engaging and interactive individual that will be flexible and able to learn this model and implement it in the classroom. This person will provide feedback on each individual student to the lead teacher and Principal.
This Teacher will also work in the Afterschool Program teaching the daily Bible lessons and implementing the established schedule and activities with the Afterschool Students.
· Responsible for assisting Coordinator or other personnel with supervision, safety and always grouping of children, including arrival and departure procedures and taking attendance.
· Keep a consistent headcount of all children present and immediately communicate any changes with all other staff.
· Assist coordinator and or other staff with afterschool planning of activities and instruction including faith-based lessons.
· Periodically develop and deliver instruction and lead activities for class.
· Communicate effectively with all children, parents, staff, and supervisors.
· Help prepare for and clean up after activities.
· Demonstrate consistent positive interaction with all children, treating them with dignity and respect.
· Model and utilize teachable moments to reinforce appropriate social skills.