ReflectUS Texas Researcher Position Description
Texas Researcher Fellow
This is a temporary position. The Texas Researcher is a valuable member of the ReflectUS Texas team. In this role, you will assist with research planning and development, program assessment and evaluation, publication of fact sheets, issue briefs, and reports, and general program support. ReflectUS places a high value on being a learning and values-driven organization. The Researcher will be expected to engage in professional communication, attend ReflectUS events as assigned, complete assigned work on time, and communicate needs and barriers that you encounter.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Attend all virtual ReflectUS events
- Meet with your assigned supervisor at least once per week
- Conduct factual research and maintain an accurate list of sources (with links)
- Draft fact sheets, issue briefs, and reports as assigned with the support of your supervisor
- Collect accurate data for heat map research and enter into appropriate spreadsheets in timely manner
- Attend team meetings when invited
- Administrative tasks, including but not limited to:
- Data entry
- Zoom logistics
- Submitting weekly work plans and subsequent activity reports with your hours
- Accurate record keeping
- Provide logistical support to ReflectUS Texas events and programs, including the “It Begins Here” fellowship and “From the Ground Up” State Network
- Be responsive to ReflectUS Texas staff
- Complete a working contract (and learning plan if applicable) and review with supervisor
- Other duties, as agreed upon in your specific work plan or assigned by ReflectUS Texas staff
Some of the skills you may need in this position include, but are not limited to:
- Professional communication, oral and written
- Professional writing
- Research and analysis (raw data, peer-reviewed work, discerning quality sources)
- Self-directed and self-starter
- Efficient and produce high quality work
You may not start with all these skills, which is fine. We value your learning and growth into these skill sets.
Most of our positions are fully remote. A Texas-based Researcher may have some in-person components when COVID-19 restrictions are lifted.
Equipment and Software
Interns will need a personal computer to use for this internship; no equipment is provided. Please familiarize yourself with the following tools.
- Shared Google drives to store work. You are expected to work from the Google drive and ensure all your work is saved there.
- Asana to track progress on specific tasks.
- Slack as a communication tool.
- Zoom to schedule meetings and host events. We also use Google meet/hangout for some shorter meetings.
- MailChimp to send communications to our members.
- The Riveter and share information via that site.
- Calendly to schedule meetings.
- Tableau to create visual graphic data maps.
Length of Researcher
The length of your research role is for 10 months and may be informed by requirements from your school if ReflectUS is a for-credit placement. Please be sure to note this in your initial working contract with your supervisor.
15-20 hours per week minimum (additional hours available to meet demands if using for course credit)
This is a paid Fellowship with a $500 per month stipend