Finance & Accounting Outsourcing (FAO) Associates support the finance and accounting functions for small and medium sized companies in various industries. Associates work directly with clients to support all areas of finance and accounting, particularly in the areas of bill pay, billing, month-end close and financial reporting. FAO Associates also help client management review and analyze periodic financials to understand and explain fluctuations in clients’ businesses. Through this, FAO Associates develop a deep understanding of our clients’ industries and how the finance and accounting functions work within their businesses. FAO Associates also participate in and support FAO technology implementations for ERP, accounts payable, time and expense, and month-end close systems.
RSM’s FAO practice prides itself on the processes and technologies they have built to remain efficient, scalable and to produce high quality deliverables. As an FAO Associate, you will learn the “best” way to design and support client finance and accounting functions, which is the core understanding required to become a valuable consultant.
This is a hands-on position that requires extensive communication and coordination across multiple parties. Duties performed on behalf of clients include:
- Manage Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions
- Perform month-end reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts
- Perform P&L review over client operations
- Support FAO technology implementations by documenting future processes and assisting with system configuration
- Provide recommendations on how to improve client and RSM operations
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s in accounting or finance is required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are a must.
- Ability to balance multiple responsibilities simultaneously plus excellent analytical and decision-making skills.
- Proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Strong organizational skills along with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to adapt to change effectively.
- Experience with automated accounting systems (preferred)