Work Location- Akron, Ohio
Shift Hours- Monday-Friday 8:00 am- 4:30 pm
YOU ARE THE FUTURE FORCE BEHIND OUR COMPANY
Start On A Career Path That Has A Future
At Ryder, our most important competitive advantage is our people. CULTURE- INTEGRITY- FAMILY. As Ryder’s Operations Management Trainee, you’ll be part of a dynamic team, equipped to succeed and empowered to develop your career in a timely fashion.
Don’t miss this opportunity to learn how you can become a part of this Fortune 500 Company that has been known as one of the nation’s largest fleet management hubs for 89 years!!!
This position is designed to be completed within 18-24 months. The Operations Management Trainee will support the shop management process and assist in cost savings, customer retention, and metric-based initiatives. This requires the Management Trainee to work cross-functionally across Operations, Asset Management, Sales, Quality, and Rental Management. This program is fast-paced and touches every aspect of the operations unit. In this role, you will acquire proven industry knowledge, skills, and resources to develop your operations & fleet maintenance background.
We highly encourage promotion from within, based on performance. In fact, many of our senior leaders began their career journeys in this role. So if you’re motivated, love a challenge, and looking to get your management career started, this opportunity could be the beginning of something great!
WHAT YOU GET
We offer a full benefits package
- Salary range $45k-55K (range may vary depending on geographical location)
- Paid time off
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Training (for the job you’re in today & the one you want in the future)
- 401k Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Access to Ryder discounts including cars, cell phone services, etc.
- and more
This position is NOT remote and vacancies become available throughout the year per business needs and also due to promotions out of this role.
Things to Remember:
- Shop Location: Akron, OH 44319- USA
- Shift: Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:30pm
- Salaried position paid weekly.
- Bachelor’s degree required
Ryder’s most recent recognitions include:
Top Women to Watch in Transportation — Women in Trucking, 2022
World’s Most Admired Companies — Fortune Magazine, for the eighth year in a row
America’s Most Responsible Companies — Newsweek
Environmental Excellence Award — Verizon for Innovative Green Initiatives in Supply Chain- 2022
Get to know Ryder by checking out these videos!
- Responsible for the customer relationship activities by providing quality customer interface, proactive customer management, issue resolution, and customer satisfaction
- Coordinate with the rental department to ensure maximum utilization without compromising lease customers
- Partner with Sales staff on customer calls for new business and increased customer satisfaction
- Manage running costs and maintenance overheads. Ensure policy and processes are followed to optimize running costs and maintenance overhead
- Accountable for coordinating with Maintenance, Asset Management, Sales, and Marketing to ensure customer satisfaction
- Ensure accurate PM scheduling and follow-ups, breakdowns, and vehicle status updates
- Oversee Technician work planning for efficiency, training, and flexibility
- Relocation within the business unit at the conclusion of the training program is required
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Detail-oriented with excellent follow-up practices
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Instills commitment to organizational goals
- Capable of multi-tasking, highly organized, with excellent time management skills
- Able to prioritize work
- Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Strong mechanical skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent influencing skills
- Ability to create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors)
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
Visit our Careers page for additional available opportunities.