The DC internship cultivates students’ professional and personal growth through exposure to day-to-day DC operations. The purpose of the program is to develop talent by offering an opportunity to learn firsthand about our company, our culture, and our industry. We seek candidates who are highly motivated, value teamwork and possess strong leadership skills.
What you’ll do:
- Gain a realistic job preview of the Distribution Team Advisor career opportunity
- Work closely with a mentor to manage a department within the DC
- Learn to lead and motivate a team, proactively plan to increase supply chain efficiency and drive productivity
- Play an active role in capturing and reporting metrics which will be used by the Distribution team
- Help manage processes for all Schreiber DC’s related to powered industrial equipment and outside storage
- Intern will own a process improvement project and present a solution to the leadership team at the end of their internship
What you need to succeed:
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in: Industrial Engineering, Business Management, Operations Management, Supply Chain Management or related/similar degree
- Willingness to relocate for Summer 2021 to either of the following Schreiber locations is required (note: you will not have the ability to select your preferred location): Logan, UT, Carthage, MO. Relocation assistance will be provided.
- Student must have reliable transportation for the summer
- Students must be within 3 semesters of graduation
- Proven leadership experience & desire to lead people in the future
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
- Self-starter, takes initiative
- Desire to grow and take on new challenges and opportunities
- Works independently
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Power Point
- Ability to interact well with people from diverse backgrounds and be adaptive to different communication styles and personalities
- Ability to train hourly partners on process changes/improvements
Qualifying positions offer:
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to an 8 percent Schreiber match and has been recognized as Best-in-Class for companies with 5,000-plus employees.
- A unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- An opportunity to share in the company’s success through our pay-for-performance incentive plan.
- Competitive medical, prescription drug, dental and vision benefits without a waiting period, including second-opinion medical consultation with specialists
- Wellness resources, including a fitness reimbursement program and access to an interactive personalized online wellness program
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development opportunities through training and our Education Assistance Program