About our group:
Seagate’s Longmont Design Center is hiring a Firmware/Software Intern in the Development, Infrastructure and Test Process Architecture team. This is an exciting opportunity to get involved with new product development, using Agile / SCRUM methodologies. The Firmware/Software Engineer will be responsible for developing and maintaining drive level embedded real time code, object oriented python code, and infrastructure tools driving engineering efficiency.
About the role – you will:
- Design, Develop, Test, and Integrate new Test Process features into Hard Disc Drive (HDD) products.
- Work closely with HDD Test Process engineers to develop tools that will be instrumental in the code development life-cycle.
- Get involved in challenging projects and gain exposure to software engineering best practices.
- Participate in requirements gathering
- Work across functional teams and present recommendations to the team.
- Full stack multi-faceted software development
- Willingness to take initiative.
- Great written and verbal communication skills.
- Interested in software development with an attention to detail.
Your experience includes:
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or enrolled in related degree program and returning to university in the fall, 2021.
- Experience working with Python, TypeScript, SQL, and/or Embedded C.
- Experience using code development tools (Angular, Static Analysis, emulators, trace, version control, compilers, linkers, analyzers).
- Awareness of Agile practices via SCRUM / SAFe methodologies.
Our Longmont product-design campus is nestled against the foothills with exceptional views of the Rocky Mountains. Here at work, you can grab breakfast and lunch in the on-site cafeteria or get an afternoon espresso, prepared by a professional barista. Our 1,500+ employees enjoy an active on-site experience from sporting activities (get in a few laps at lunch on our 1-mile walking path around campus, play ping-pong or volleyball, or stop in our 24- hour fitness center for a group or individual workout) to community service and many employee resource groups including Pride!, Women’s Leadership Network and a Young Professionals Network.
Interns typically work Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm. The hours are subject to change with or without notice at the sole discretion of Seagate.
Location: Longmont, United States