Join us this fall for a part-time internship opportunity to gain the skills, work experience and networking you need to start building a successful and fulfilling career! Here at Signode, we take great pride in developing the up-and-coming stars of tomorrow. Through our hands-on internship program, you will have a unique opportunity to learn from and work with a global leader and, in turn, contribute your knowledge and expertise to support the organization’s growth during a time of exciting transformation.
We are looking for a part-time Supply Chain Intern to join our Automation & Packaging Technologies (APT) Platform at our global headquarters in Glenview, IL. The planned schedule will be for 16 hours per week with some flexibility on which days and hours per day.
EXPERIENCE YOU WILL GAIN:
The Supply Chain department for Signode’s Equipment and Tools US division is responsible for ensuring inventory availability at the lowest possible total cost of ownership. The Supply Chain Intern will support the department in implementing various initiatives to improve the department and add value to the organization.
- Initiate and Implement multiple projects for Continuous Improvement of Planning & Distribution processes related to either reporting, network sourcing, out of stock detection, etc.
- Run weekly reports for order fill rate, forecast accuracy, inventory levels, and supply coverage
- Attend weekly team meetings, weekly Sales and Operations Meetings, and New Item/Project review meetings.
- Participate in cross-functional teams supporting supply chain process improvement projects Participate in cross-functional teams supporting supply chain process improvement project.
- Other duties as assigned
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Student pursuing a Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Finance, Economics or related discipline (Junior or Senior undergrad or graduate student)
- High analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills being able to translate technical operational concepts into ordinary business terms and ideas
- The ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel (Pivot Tables, VLookup, Charts, etc.)
- Knowledge of databases or ERP systems a plus
Internship runs September-December. Applicants are responsible for boarding and transportation.
Thank you for your interest in Signode. We are looking forward to working with you!