Catholic Campus Ministry at Southern Methodist University, a year-round ministry of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Dallas, seeks a part-time Communications Coordinator who fulfills the Catholic mission of Catholic Campus Ministry by driving the ministry’s marketing and communication initiatives.
Essential Job Functions
• Support and uphold the mission of the Gospel by modeling the teachings of the Catholic Church in keeping with the Catechism of the Catholic Church in all ministry communications.
• Develop, implement, and evaluate an effective and engaging communications plan/campaign across all platforms, including social media and website.
• Manage and maintain all social media accounts (Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.).
• Develop, produce, and distribute all promotional and communication materials (digital, newsletters, brochures, mailers, signs and emails) in coordination with all departments.
• Increase the ministry’s visibility and brand recognition through effective marketing.
• Regularly update dynamic content on the website.
• Manage consistency of brand standards across communications/publications/products.
• Work closely with the Director of Development to proactively support and grow our development efforts.
• Attend select ministry events to capture photography and video to create visual storytelling. • Ensure all photo, video, and written testimony is organized and archived for future use. Additional Roles and Expectations
• Participate in regular staff meetings for coordination of campus ministry goals.
• Connect new student intakes with appropriate ministry personnel.
• Other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities • Practicing Roman Catholic in good standing. • Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills. • Proven experience creating engaging written content for newsletters, brochures, donor campaigns, etc. • Proven experience with social media, including compiling social networking analytics and regularly monitoring and moderating activity to develop a successful strategy. • Excellent organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines. • Capacity to manage multiple projects simultaneously and task management. • Excellent skills for planning and executing communications campaigns. • Skills in graphic design, photography, video editing, and website design. • Self-starter, proactive in implementing and communicating new initiatives to students, donors, and staff, as applicable.
Education and Experience • Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, or related field preferred. • One to three years’ professional experience relevant to marketing, communication, project management, and/or social media required. • Knowledge and experience with Canva and Adobe CC programs (Photoshop, Acrobat, Premiere Pro) and Squarespace. Familiarity with Adobe Lightroom helpful. • One to three years’ experience in Catholic young adult ministry and/or Catholic campus ministry preferred.
Special Requirements and Expectations: • Occasional attendance required at ministry events on evenings, weekends, and some holidays