The Industry Marketing Specialist is the champion for the business unit and contributes to the develop of our long term strategy to grow Southco’s business within Transportation industries. This role is actively involved in new product and market research, industry brand awareness, product development and the launch of new products and/or services.
The Industry Marketing Specialist is responsible for analyzing and driving market opportunities within the Transportation SBU. They will collaborate with the Business Development team to design business strategies and plans to achieve/exceed business revenue and profit objectives. In addition this role will implement multichannel marketing campaigns to drive brand awareness and generate qualified leads for the sales team.
• BS Degree in Marketing or Business Admin./Management.
• 2-5 years experience in marketing or business development.
• Excellent interpersonal, computer, and communication skills.
• Industry experience a plus.
• Local and international travel required.
• Drive the development of the Annual Marketing Plan for the business unit. Perform analysis and recommend market segmentation, customer values, purchase behavior and optimal positioning. Develop promotional content, communication in concert with Product Marketing and Marcom.
• Support in the preparation, methodology and coordination of market research to determine trends, industry needs, customer preferences, industry brand awareness, product development and ultimately, the launch of new products. Share information within the business unit and the matrix as appropriate.
• Stimulate keen sensitivity and awareness of: 1) Southco products and capabilities from application to operations, 2: competitive products, business trends and capabilities, 3: changes in product offerings. Maintain professional alliances through associations, education, trade shows and media.
• Monitor and report on competitive activities, strategies and positioning within the assigned Industry segment. Define and create communications programs to support the achievement of sales and business unit goals. Collaborate with business development to support the sales team development through industry and product training, marketing research and development of sales tools.
• Assist in the development and execution of Corporate/Global promotional and marketing programs, multi-channel campaigns, and lead role in the organization of Southco’s presence at trade show events.
• Support the customer/application knowledge base for the business, including applications, profiles, photos, etc. Collaborate with the Web Development Team on web site content.