This is primarily a remote opportunity
SparkMeter is looking for a Systems Co-op Engineer for the fall semester to work on projects that directly impact our main product suite.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Full-time student pursuing an undergraduate degree in one of the following fields or related studies: (Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Information Systems, Engineering discipline)
- GPA of at least 3.0
- Be available to work full-time (40 hours per week) for at least 10 weeks during the spring of 2021.
- Strong analytical and critical reasoning skills
- Ability to write clear and concise documentation
- Familiarity with web security fundamentals is a plus
Role and Responsibilities:
In this program you will work directly with the software engineering team at SparkMeter. You will assist in several mission critical projects and make a significant contribution to the company’s needs. You will have the opportunity to learn new programming languages, by building production-level code to support our API offering.
This program is outcome oriented and will be designed around key deliverables. In addition to the specific deliverables, it is crucial to thoroughly and concisely document your work. You will need to have a keen focus on clean, readable, and maintainable code as it is critical to the long term success of this project. Your changes should follow best practices in software development and will go through code review prior to being accepted.