New graduates and experienced RN’s are encouraged to apply.
Under general supervision, the Registered Nurse demonstrates thorough knowledge of therapeutic patient care, patient advocacy, clinical pathways/care maps, team dynamics, hospital systems, and serves as a resource for the registered nurse and support staff. Collaborates with leadership in developing and implementing the Spartanburg Medical Center culture, Vision, Mission and goals.
It is the premise of the Professional Practice Program that each of the key responsibilities builds on the preceding requirements.
6 North is a 12-bed step down telemetry unit that specializes in vascular surgery and telemetry. 6 North is part of the Cardiovascular Division at SMC.
6 North is comprised of RNs, PCAs (patient care associates) and UAs (unit ambassadors). In addition to our regular staffing, 6 North has a free Charge Nurse / Admission Discharge Nurse that is available to help you with a variety of things.
Nurse to patient ratio on 6 North is 1:4.
6 North believes that teamwork is essential to providing excellent patient care. Here you will find a warm group of professional, willing and clinically proficient individuals to assist you in adapting to your potential role as a registered nurse. 6 North cares for a variety of patients with telemetry needs.
Some of 6 North’s vascular surgeries include aortic aneurysm repair, carotid endarterectomy, femoral bypass surgeries and amputations. All the beds on 6N are monitored beds. You will be exposed to many types of patients on 6N aiding in your ability to provide great care to anyone that chose Spartanburg Medical Center to meet their healthcare needs.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current R.N. licensure in the state of South Carolina
- BLS, ACLS, PALS/ENPC
- Minimum of two years of RN experience required.
- Preferred experience includes a background in one or more of the following: Cath lab, cardiac, telemetry, critical care, operating room, interventional radiology, ER, med/surg.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Collaborates with patients, families, and other members of the health care team to determine patient priorities and treatments
- Initiates and facilitates interdisciplinary collaboration to enhance outcome
- Seeks necessary assistance in completing nursing interventions to assure positive patient outcomes
- Participates in hourly rounding and bedside shift report
- Responsible for demonstrating competency for all new equipment and procedures.
- Provides clinical guidance to students and ancillary staff
- Successfully completes hospital and unit-based orientation programs
- Formulates a plan for professional growth
- Ensures compliance with all clinical expectations regarding regulatory requirements
- Identifies appropriate standards of care, and/or collaborative clinical pathways to guide the plan of care
- Complies with established policies and procedures
- Identifies the need to develop or revise policies and procedures pertaining to specialized patient populations and/or unit and hospital-based practices
- Serves on unit-based committees
- Prioritizes nursing interventions for an assigned group of patients
- Assesses assigned patients’ medical history, admitting diagnosis and physician’s orders, obtaining nursing history, performing physical assessment, evaluating diagnostic data, and interviewing patient and family to determine patient needs
- Demonstrates knowledge of professional nursing practice and theory.
- Assures continuity of care through effective decision making resulting in quality patient care
- Documents all aspects of patient care by following established charting procedure to show the patient’s progress or any change in the patient’s condition
- Other Duties as assigned