The Dickinson County Healthcare System (DCHS) seeks a full-time Community Health Supervisor to join their team of committed professionals in Iron Mountain, Michigan.
The Community Health Supervisor is responsible for the management, staff and coordination of nursing services for out-contracted programs. The ideal candidate for this position is a Registered Nurse (RN) with experience in Occupational Health and/or outpatient services. This position works with a wide range of individuals (patients, pediatric students, workforce management, administrators).
This position reports to the Occupational Health Supervisor and supervises LPNs, Patient Flow Enhancers, Receptionist/Admitting Clerks, Medical Assistants and volunteers.
- Maintain professional and effective communication with providers, physicians, patients, staff, business representatives and other healthcare agencies while providing excellent customer service at all times.
- Follow policies, procedures, directives and compliance standards established by hospital and contracting partner agencies.
- Provide direction and accountability for overall function of programs under management.
- Provide patient education as well as assess own learning needs and those of the clinic.
- Evaluates new and existing services, technologies and opportunities based on community need; makes recommendations to management.
- Leads and assures programs are adequately staffed with competent personnel.
- Performs and serves as an RN resource for functions necessary in this program.
WAGE/BENEFITS. Starting pay of $25.45 – $38.18 per hour based on knowledge and experience. In addition, this position offers medical, dental, vision, pension plan, paid time off (sick, vacation) and life insurance.
SCHEDULE. This is a full-time, Monday-Friday position working 7am – 4pm.
MINIMUM AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS.
- 2 years progressive nursing experience in Occupational Health Services and/or outpatient services/clinics preferred.
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the State of Michigan and Wisconsin preferred.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification or ability to obtain within 3 months if hired.
- Ability to manage a diverse workload and prioritize tasks while providing leadership and direction.
- Analytical skills necessary to monitor patient flow for efficiency.
- Ability to physically and mentally carry out the functions of this position.
- Exceptional customer service skills with a professional demeanor that ensures trust, competence, confidentiality and compassion amongst patients, providers, team members, the community and clients.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to successfully pass a pre-hire drug screening and background check.
INTERESTED? Submit your application for employment at dchs.hirescore.com
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION. DCHS has been named a 2020 Top 100 Rural & Community Hospital by The Chartis Center for Rural Health. This annual award honoring rural hospital performance is determined by the results of iVantage Health Analytics’ Hospital Strength INDEX®, which is celebrating its tenth anniversary in 2020. Learn more at dchs.org