The Dickinson County Healthcare System (DCHS) seeks a full-time Social Worker (MSW) to join their Home Health and Hospice Team in Iron Mountain, Michigan.
The ideal person for this position has a compassionate disposition able to provide assessment and psychosocial support to patients, families and caregivers, collaboratively working toward objectives of achieving the best possible quality of life.
This position reports to the Manager/Administrator for Dickinson Home Health.
- Evaluate psycho-social problems experienced by patients or caregivers. Uses discretion and judgement to support patients and families with complex needs related to terminal illness, grief and bereavement; provides therapeutic interviews/referrals as needed.
- Provide ongoing clinical support and professional guidance to develop/evaluate an individualized plan of care, addressing the unique needs of the patient.
- Facilitate communication among patients, families, all members of the Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) and the Medical Director; facilitates IDT meetings every 15 days and is core member/resource to team members as an advocate for patient care.
- Recognize signs and symptoms of death; provides education and support to patients, caregivers and team members.
- Determine appropriate interventions/goals for the patient and family based on clinical assessment.
- Advocate for needed services and support on behalf of patient and family.
- Records in a timely manner evaluation data, progress notes, and interventions including client and family’s response to interventions in the medical record.
- Develops and maintains working relationships with community health, welfare, and social agencies, coordinates volunteers, and educational/promotional activities.
WAGE/BENEFITS. Starting pay of $19.35 – $29.03 per hour based on knowledge and years of experience. In addition, we offer medical, dental, vision, pension plan, paid time off (sick, vacation), and life insurance.
MINIMUM AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year Social Work experience preferred.
- Experience in home health or hospice preferred.
- Possess a current Certification in Social Work by the State of Michigan required and the ability to become certified in the State of Wisconsin within 60 days of hire.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification or ability to obtain within 30 days of hire.
- Possess a valid driver’s license along with an insured and reliable vehicle.
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills with a professional demeanor that ensures trust, competence and compassion amongst patients and team members.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to successfully pass a pre-hire drug screening and background check.
INTERESTED? Submit your application for employment at dchs.hirescore.com
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION. DCHS has been named a 2020 Top 100 Rural & Community Hospital by The Chartis Center for Rural Health. This annual award honoring rural hospital performance is determined by the results of iVantage Health Analytics’ Hospital Strength INDEX®, which is celebrating its tenth anniversary in 2020. Learn more at dchs.org